24 replies to this topic

#1 Warren

Warren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:29 AM

With the economy being in the shape it is, people still being in the middle of projects and gas prices being so high, we're not anticipating alot of attendees this time around, but would like to get a sampling of who IS planning on attending. Interest in the event seems to be declining, to say the least.

Remember, the hotel is the Days Inn in Byron and the hotel gathering is on Friday, the 17th with the track meet being on Saturday the 18th. This is NOT a private track rental, just a weekend date at the track during their CSR/Super Street/Open Comp session. For more info on that go to The Track's Website.

The track will also be doing the NHRA Street Legal Drags (basically a big test & tune session) on Friday evening. There may be some of us who go to that event as well, "while we're at it"...

Please post in this post if you're going to be joining us at the hotel on Friday and/or at the track on Saturday.

Thanks,
Warren

#2 deja

deja

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

I'll be at the motel Friday afternoon and at DNI Saturday.
'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, 280ZX CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#3 jnjdragracing

jnjdragracing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • LocationWest Columbia S.C. 29170

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:55 AM

We did more testing yesterday, only could make two runs ( if you want to call them runs ) due to rain. I tamed the engine down (retared timing) and tightened up the front limiters and it is still too aggressive off the line. If we could strap on wheelie bars and cut a big hole in the floor we could be a wheelie king and go the whole length of the track. :biggrin:

So in short we will not be attending the DNI Lite, me and Jerry discussed it and money is tight right now. We do look forward to the DNI in March if it is going to happen. Maybe I will have it tamed down enought by then or Jerry will have his motor together NOS or Turbo.....

Just wanted to let everyone know.

John and Jerry :confused:
No Need To Go Through Life Scared......

#4 gogriz91

gogriz91

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMiddle GA, for now

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

I'll be there Saturday.
"Day/Night VFR street fighter" '73 HLS30 129806; L-28, street cam, SUs, 5-speed, Koni's, Suspension techniques springs, swaybars, R200 w/3.90 LSD, BRE front/rear spoilers, Pertronix ignition

Heavily medicated for your protection

#5 deja

deja

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:46 PM

Bummer, but I understand. If gas here in Georgia had not dropped this week I may have had to bail too. I paid $4.49 a gallon for 93 octane for the Z just last week. Its dropped to $3.25 this week, figures they would wait until I filled up at the highest price :icon55:. And since I am retired now I have to watch the money output a little closer.
Gonna miss you guys, I guess if I want to see that beast run I'll have to road trip to SC. Keep working on it.

So in short we will not be attending the DNI Lite, me and Jerry discussed it and money is tight right now. We do look forward to the DNI in March if it is going to happen.
John and Jerry :confused:

'77 280Z - Newly built LT1 4 bolt main, LT4 hot cam kit. 4L60E/Transgo shift kit. 300ZX LSD, 280ZX CV axles. MM 5 lug front hubs with Silvermine Stage 4 front brakes - MM 5 lug billet rear stub axles and disc brakes. Molded side skirts and ZG flares. 2905 lbs with a full tank.

#6 gogriz91

gogriz91

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:40 PM

Bummer, but I understand. If gas here in Georgia had not dropped this week I may have had to bail too. I paid $4.49 a gallon for 93 octane for the Z just last week. Its dropped to $3.25 this week, figures they would wait until I filled up at the highest price :icon55:. And since I am retired now I have to watch the money output a little closer.
Gonna miss you guys, I guess if I want to see that beast run I'll have to road trip to SC. Keep working on it.

It's down to $3.08 here in Warner Bubba, there's hope for it to go sub $3 by the end of the week.
"Day/Night VFR street fighter" '73 HLS30 129806; L-28, street cam, SUs, 5-speed, Koni's, Suspension techniques springs, swaybars, R200 w/3.90 LSD, BRE front/rear spoilers, Pertronix ignition

#7 wigenOut-S30

wigenOut-S30

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts
  • LocationMobile AL

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

Hey guys, I really wish I could make it up for this one.. but unfortunatly I will not. I will not go in to details but it involves my wife taking a job with pay 1/2 what she was making ( but she is MUUUUCH happier) , Z is still on stands and just.... time.. I will be there in March though!!!..

1977 S30: L28 turbo/intercooled:385rwhp 390TQ:11.56@122

gallery_372_579_19959.jpg

#8 gogriz91

gogriz91

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:39 PM

Gas is $2.96 for the unleaded here in Warner Bubba.

#9 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

I'll be up Saturday....hope to see you there.....

Dale....what do you mean, "retired"? Ya can't draw social security unit you're 80 or so....you're gonna get bored! :o)

Regards,
Wayne
'71 240Z, Twin-Turbo,Fuel Injected 406 SBC, powerglide, 9 inch Ford, 3.89's, Moser axles, full cage, etc. (5.76 @119 in the 1/8 mile), 2007 Lexus LS 460, 2008 Lexus LS 460, 2003 Toyota Tundra

If there ain't no waves, who's doin' the paddlin'?

#10 speeder

speeder

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationMerritt Island, Florida

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:13 AM

Couldn't make it - Knee deep in stuff to do here.

I might have something for you guys by the next one.

Looking forward to hearing how it went.
Rick Bowers
'77 280ZT (Not as fat as I thought) - Awaiting 260ci Twin Turbo Buick Stage II - Finally out of machine shop jail after 2+ years!
'78 280Z (Soon to be for sale)
2002 Lexus IS300 - Turbo 2JZ, 6-speed - daily driven monster.

"Speed costs - How fast do you want to spend?"

Posted Image
My build thread: http://forums.hybrid...ad.php?t=136300
Old body shown in obsolete website:
Rick's 280ZT AKA: "Porkchop"

#11 deja

deja

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:44 AM

Rain sucks, eveb though I know we need it in GA. I drove almost all the way down the motel Friday in the rain. 15 minutes after I arrived it started raining again. NOBODY from DNI showed up at the motel, very disappointing, so I was very bored in the tiny town of Byron Friday night. I got up early but it was still raining a little. So I decided not to bother driving to Silver Dollar and playing in the mud thinking it would all be called off anyway.

As far as the retirement goes I stood as much as I could stand of corporate America and bailed out on July 31. BORED??? I don't think so. I have so many projects with the house and car to keep me busy for years. In fact I think I'm working harder now that I did when I had a job.

I'll be up Saturday....hope to see you there.....

Dale....what do you mean, "retired"? Ya can't draw social security unit you're 80 or so....you're gonna get bored! :o)

Regards,
Wayne

#12 JSM

JSM

Giggigty Giggity Giggity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:38 AM

Rain sucks, eveb though I know we need it in GA. I drove almost all the way down the motel Friday in the rain. 15 minutes after I arrived it started raining again. NOBODY from DNI showed up at the motel, very disappointing, so I was very bored in the tiny town of Byron Friday night. I got up early but it was still raining a little. So I decided not to bother driving to Silver Dollar and playing in the mud thinking it would all be called off anyway.

As far as the retirement goes I stood as much as I could stand of corporate America and bailed out on July 31. BORED??? I don't think so. I have so many projects with the house and car to keep me busy for years. In fact I think I'm working harder now that I did when I had a job.

That sucks about the rain!

Glad your enjoying your retirement!

1971 240z Project
2002 Nissan Frontier

2006 Toyota Sienna

#13 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

Well, darn, Dale....weather was good Sat. However, Warren and I are the only ones that showed...missed seeing everybody...maybe in March.....

Regards,
Wayne
'71 240Z, Twin-Turbo,Fuel Injected 406 SBC, powerglide, 9 inch Ford, 3.89's, Moser axles, full cage, etc. (5.76 @119 in the 1/8 mile), 2007 Lexus LS 460, 2008 Lexus LS 460, 2003 Toyota Tundra

#14 deja

deja

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:00 PM

That figures! But since nobody showed at the motel I didn't know if anyone was going to show at the track either. Probably should have had Warren's cell number with me. I didn't want to take the chance on running my car if I was alone. If something went wrong I would have been in big trouble with no way to get help. Oh well, hopefully in March we will get a better turn out. Did you guys run your cars?

Well, darn, Dale....weather was good Sat. However, Warren and I are the only ones that showed...missed seeing everybody...maybe in March.....

Regards,
Wayne

#15 rytherwr

rytherwr

HybridZ Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationLeesurg, GA

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:55 PM

Totally understand....Warren ran his but mine is not back together yet....hope to have the turbo motor together soon...I have the Bill Mitchell motor back together and sitting in the barn waiting on another project...:o)

Regards,
Wayne

#16 Warren

Warren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, I ran mine, about 90 feet after the burnout, then I blew apart one of the reinforced silicone intercooler piping couplers, between the blow off valve and the throttle body. My day was done as I didn't have a spare and there's noplace around there to buy one. Oh well, such is life. I stopped at Summit on the way home and bought one. It'll be fixed in the morning. No other damage was done, but it was a nice BOOM at the time.

The weather was perfect, never got over 72 degrees and the staging lanes were more empty than full all day long.
82ZXT with Lotsa Stuff. Click this to see my project page

"Experience", n., What you get when you don't get what you want.

#17 jeffer949

jeffer949

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationNewton, KS

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:39 AM

I drove through byron on wed. I was hoping to put off my return trip till sat. so i could stop by but my sister needed me back in nashville to baby sit for her job interview. Sucks but Ill be there in the spring. Hopefully with a 11 secound car by then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1974 260ZT known as Stella- the temperamental bitch

#18 deja

deja

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1892 posts
  • LocationSugar Hill, GA

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:50 AM

Sorry to hear you had problems and didn't even get one full run. I guess this weekend just wasn't meant to be.

Yeah, I ran mine, about 90 feet after the burnout, then I blew apart one of the reinforced silicone intercooler piping couplers, between the blow off valve and the throttle body. My day was done as I didn't have a spare and there's noplace around there to buy one. Oh well, such is life. I stopped at Summit on the way home and bought one. It'll be fixed in the morning. No other damage was done, but it was a nice BOOM at the time.

The weather was perfect, never got over 72 degrees and the staging lanes were more empty than full all day long.

#19 gogriz91

gogriz91

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:51 AM

Wish I had known you were coming down, would have met you for dinner.

#20 Warren

Warren

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMarietta, GA

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:32 AM

Sorry to hear you had problems and didn't even get one full run. I guess this weekend just wasn't meant to be.

Dale,

You're right. I shoulda seen it coming. On Monday, the differential in my van (my tow vehicle) went out...left differential carrier bearing decided to take a dump. Fixed that on Wednesday and thought whew, almost didn't make it. Drove it around, tires out of balance, got that done on Thursday. Friday it rained and yesterday, on the first pass, this: Posted Image Luckily, that was the only damage, but it sure put a stop to the fun.
82ZXT with Lotsa Stuff. Click this to see my project page

"Experience", n., What you get when you don't get what you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users