HybridZ

Anyone want to buy a race car!

jerryb

That is indeed the Friselle car, and it was sold in 2007. It was at the '07 Monterey Historics:

mhar_13.jpg

mhar_14.jpg

mhar_15.jpg

...whether or not they gave up and sold it back to Canepa after one season, I don't know. I emailed Brad Friselle these photos

afterward and he said he wasn't aware his car was racing again. I wasn't able to get the name of the owner or race team, unfortunately.

Beautiful car. The suspension is one of the the most modified I've seen on an S30.

I do think this statement on the website is a bit optimistic....

"Producing over 400 HP coupled with a race proven chassis this car will be at the front of the grid at any historic IMSA event."

"Transcontinental Racing? " It says Transcendental Racing, I assume a play on the popular 1970s type of meditation. Another reference is on the rear of the car "What's it all mean?" Racing is the true meaning of life, right?

untitled.jpg

Hybrid members have contributed more current pictures and some from back in the day on the IMSA tribute site listed in my signature.