HybridZ

My New Carpet Kit

RB26powered74zcar

Nice deal, what did the shipping work out to? Many times I'll walk away from a marginal deal just because of shipping shenanigans, but if sellers are reasonable, as this one seems to be, it's different.

There are just a bewildering number of seats on ebay too. Behind choice of oil, perhaps seats are the second most debated topic? No doubt on your interior- well, of course the whole car too, it's so clean and nice. And I love even more that once you life up the covers, underneath it still shows its true age proudly. The main reason I'm proceeding cautiously in the interior is so I don't cover up the proof of age/originality, mainly utter lack of rust as can be seen in the interior danger zones. (CA. car) Like your car, lift up the carpets and she shows her nice underbelly.

Are there any videos of you just nailing the throttle coming out of a well-cambered on-ramp...or anything like that? :D

• 1 month later...
looks good. looks pretty grey though, do they do black also? I like the tranny tunnel, wonder if they do rear shock towers too

I e-mailed them and they said they don't have the patterns for rear shock towers. They can make the carpet without cutting the area for a console out.

• 2 weeks later...

J. Soileau the patterns you show under your seat area and behind it, are they different in the original pictures than you show later on in the assembled pics? My set that I have looks like the first pic all laid out flat, and I can't figure out how they are supposed to lay, and your assembled pics look very different to me. If you could help out it would be great. Thanks.

• Like 1

J. Soileau the patterns you show under your seat area and behind it, are they different in the original pictures than you show later on in the assembled pics? My set that I have looks like the first pic all laid out flat, and I can't figure out how they are supposed to lay, and your assembled pics look very different to me. If you could help out it would be great. Thanks.

Yes, they are different. I had to make new patterns and have him remake those pieces, as later posted in my post below.

I forgot to update, so heres a few more. I had to send the pieces that fit under the seat back to be re cut (I sent a pattern I made) and they re made them to my pattern and returned them asap. I did not use the door sill pieces due to me having a new oem pair of the vinyl pieces.

Anyone with a 240/ early 260 should be able to get the correct pieces, now that they have my correct patterns to go off of. This is not a top shelf quality kit, but for the money, you can't beat it. I'm real pleased with what I got for the money, and it looks good to.

If the guy has any smarts, he should have saved, and modified his kit for the 240/early 260 using my patterns...