HybridZ

my 71 240z w rb25det... almost ready

RS Speed

Bored at work so I though I would throw up some pictures. They are all from my iphone since I dont have my camera at work. At this point I am waiting on my custom radiator to come in so I can drive the damn thing.

random specs:

1971 240z

s1 rb25det freshened up a tad

nistune ecu

q45 tbody

525 cc inj

3" straight pipe turbo back

FMIC w/ 3" piping

stock turbo for now

custom sectioned coilovers

4 piston vented from brake upgrade

custom mounts and driveshaft

custom fuel tank with new hardlines

functional oem gauges

poly urethane master bushing kit

Loads of powdercoated stuff

Prayers at night that the axles will hold for a couple months

starting with the car

1.jpg

the teardown

2.jpg

the pile we were left with... notice the cut springs dangling on the shocks lol

3.jpg

powdercoated stuff

5.jpg

nasty stuff

6.jpg

3 days of sanding/melting/grinding paint gets you this. Freakin car has 5 layers of paint.

7.jpg

the uprising

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Getting some sunlight

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

This is where the car is at right now... She runs and sounds great but I can only keep it on for like 5 sec since I don't have a rad lol

18.jpg

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont really know the name of the color, my powdercoater had it in stock and it worked for me hahaha. I'll be honest, I was concerned with how the blue would look but I was running a huge batch in one color because the price was right. I figured I'd rather have the parts blue than nothing. But in the end I am very happy with how it came out, it looks really nice in person.

Edited by RS Speed

Got a little update, shes almost ready :bigthumb

I tracked my radiator and its coming in tomorrow, Ill see if I can get some vids up by this weekend. This isn't the final color but its going to have to do untill I get some funds together. I/m pretty sure im going to do an R34 GTR bayside blue

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

Its an amazingly good knock off from the greddy. Ive seen some dirty looking ones in the past but I ran across this one locally while shopping for some parts and though it was a real greddy. Asked the guy and he said it was imported and he wanted $150 for it. I dont know if I got lucky or what but this thing was smooth inside and out with no excess aluminum dust that I have seen from knock off manifolds.

Its an amazingly good knock off from the greddy. Ive seen some dirty looking ones in the past but I ran across this one locally while shopping for some parts and though it was a real greddy. Asked the guy and he said it was imported and he wanted $150 for it. I dont know if I got lucky or what but this thing was smooth inside and out with no excess aluminum dust that I have seen from knock off manifolds.

Damn 150!?!? Thats great considering the Greddy goes for 750+ on ebay :shock:

Im going to get it running tomorrow hopefully so ill take some vid of the car running. I bought the car a year ago and redid the interior and minor stuff to make it driveable. In december I tore it down and pulled the L series out. So this stage of the project has been going on for a little over 3 months.

Thanks for the comments guys I appreciate the postive feedback, makes the whole project worth while.

Canadianz: You are correct I am using a Z32 ecu. I just repinned the harness for the few changes they have and its working awesome so far and I get to keep vtc.

Nice thing is that I built my buddies S14 along with my car so they are sister cars as far as motor and fuel management go. His car was done sooner than mine so I went ahead and tuned his car and copied the maps over to my ecu. This way I should be 95% done with the tune on startup so I'm pretty much ready to drive :D I installed new seats today and got all the loose ends taken care of, I hope the radiator just comes in tomorrow or I'm blowing up the UPS center by my house.

On a side note I engaged the clutch for the first time with the motor running for like 3 seconds and man it felt good.

UPDATE

Yesterday was hectic didn't get to do an update. I got the rad installed and finally ran the car. I love how the rad came out, has the oil cooler built into the side tank which is pretty cool. Everything went really smooth with the exception of the TPS sensor. I think the pos and neg need to be reversed to correct the signal, im going to take care of that today and maybe get some footage of the car. Other than that it feels like a million bucks. I feel like I bought a new car again, I must say bushings make a HUGE difference on a 40 year old car. Here are some more pics, I am waiting on my front spacers to arrive so dont mind the front offset lol. Pics dont do it justice though, it looks like the devil on the road, super mean look hahah.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg