HybridZ

Pulsar seats almost in!

thrustnut

I have been in the process of installing a set of 1987 Pulsar seats in my 77 280Z for a couple days now, and the install is going pretty well. The Pulsar seat base is a little longer and wider then the stock rails, and the seats have a bump out on the bottom which interferes with the stock slider assembly. Not a big deal though, I have finished a custom seat box for the passenger side (which was pretty straight forward, and now on to the more complicated drivers side. I can't use the same design on the drivers side due to the bump out on the tranny tunnel, so back to the shop to fab some more adapters! Is it wrong that fabrication is so much fun? Something about cutting and welding steel that gets the blood pumping! I will post pics of the brackets and seats installed and if anyone is interested I can give out the measurements. I searched for someone else who has installed these in there car about a month ago, with no luck...so maybe that means I'm the first? Well, if nothing else, this is another option over stock!

• 4 months later...