Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'rustpatchrear'.
Found 1 result
It all began with a cleaning... then as I started to grind away the small rust spot on the tailgate, the hole kept getting bigger. the plastic cover was hiding a huge hole. Here is how I fixed the rust holes, and rear hatch: I cut out the areas that had rust with an angle grinder I cut out matching pieces of 16 GA steel and bend to match existing I painted all the parts and all around the hatch with POR-15, doing the whole cleaning and etching process and installed NOS inner weatherstripping and the top portion of outer weatherstripping Re-installed rear tail pieces, and lights Then I turned my attention to the hatch hinges, which were ripping off at the seams. I welded them on the top And underneath And that was about a weekend of work, for an amateur.