HybridZ

3 questions regarding VG's

CuriousZ31

I'm new to this forum but I was hoping someone could answer these two questions for me, I would appreciate it greatly.

1: I'm currently building a VG33ET for my Z31 and I would like to use the VG30 crank and oil pump due to the oil filter location of the vg33. I noticed the VG33 block has the spot for the oil filter to be in the same location as the VG30 under a block plate, It just requires the threaded tube to be removed from the VG30 block and put in the VG33 block, but the problem is there is no check ball there like in the VG30 block, just an empty hole. Do any of you know where I could get one of these to put in the VG33 block? I can't seem to get the one out of the VG30 block or I would, unless someone knows how to get it out I think I'll need to buy a new one.

2: I have read in a couple places that the VG30ET will generally make more torque than a VG30DETT with fairly similar setups. Is this true? If so why is it true?

3: Also I would like to use my original VG30ET heads on the VG33 block due to the fact I have already had them port and polished, I would like to use the VG33 heads for the larger exhaust studs but I don't want to have another set of heads port and polished just for larger studs. So my question is are there any differences in the VG33 heads and the VG30 heads other than the exhaust stud size? Like any mis-aligned oil passages or water passages? I'm pretty confident they are the same I just want to be sure. Also I know the VG33 and VG30 cams are different but that doesn't matter much as I won't be using either set.

Thank you for your future responses. :)

2: I have read in a couple places that the VG30ET will generally make more torque than a VG30DETT with fairly similar setups. Is this true? If so why is it true?

The VG30ET and VG30DETT while both 3.0L V6s build power differently in stock form. The VG30ET tends to be less efficient in the upper RPMs causing its torque to peak sooner, this makes it seem like it builds torque easier but in reality it just dosnt carry the torque as high in the RPMs as the VG30DETT. With upgraded heads/cams the VG30ET will have a powerband more similar to the DETT with torque peaking higher in the RPM range. Both engines are good for making power and have similar limits.

Edited by RedBeauty84ZX

• 2 weeks later...