HybridZ

Which is best 240z rear disk brake conversion kit?

the speed bleeders are great but won't help with an inverted caliper as with this or the silvermine kit [which i have]. once bled the sm brakes work great but i wasn't a huge fan of having to remove the caliper, invert it. hold on the rotor [providing the pads a stop limit] then bleed. it made it a 2 person job, slower and more complex. i have since rectified it [with nigel's help!] and the calipers are now oriented correctly [bleeders now on top] and bleeding is a breeze.

How did you get the bleeders on top? I have these and would like to have my bleeders on top! :(

• 10 months later...

I am using Toyota 4x4 vented calipers in the rear Just like in the front

Hey sorry to bug ya. Do you have any info you can send my way for the rear toyota caliper conversion. I have them for the front and would be very interested in doing the same for the rear. bob@pegg.com

Hey sorry to bug ya. Do you have any info you can send my way for the rear toyota caliper conversion. I have them for the front and would be very interested in doing the same for the rear. bob@pegg.com

Bob, please do some searching on this site, especially the stickies in the FAQ.

I like the early maxima bracket with the 280zx rotor and caliper.

1981-1984 RWD maxima rear brake bracket.

1982-1983 280zx rotor

1983-1983 280zx caliper.

It's bolt in with no "custom" wear item parts.

There is no issue bleeding.

The parking brake was easy to connect.

It's bolt in easy.

Thanks for the info.

I just got them today. Another upgrade project...

post-25175-075159300 1336773208_thumb.jpg

post-25175-063810700 1336773215_thumb.jpg

tamo3.

• 4 months later...

Does anybody know of a caliper that comes WITHOUT a parking brake mechanism that shares the mounting bolt spacing with the Maxima caliper? This would be for my drifting caliper.

My kit from Las Vegas has arrived. I'll give a report on it when I get out the tools, perhaps this Sunday.

The picture shows the goal.

Seriously, with two calipers and the amount of holes in that rotor your gonna end up snapping that rotor in half

• 2 months later...

Tire Rack says that the zx and the maxima run a 14 inch wheel standard, I I'm guessing my 14s are ok.  Now I just need a source for the brakets.  I can't find those anywhere including new from Nissan.  Anyone have a clue where I can find them?