HybridZ

My Z31 sbc project

• 2 weeks later...

Well crap.... Took first real test drive too work... Blowing some serious oil smoke unfortunately. Happy with how it drove, but noe what to do with the motor problem. Any suggestions? I definately wanna keep the tpi system

I did not rebuild the motor before install.... Took a chance with a used tbi 305 out of a 87-94 k1500 that was readily available to get this project started. I tried to drive it home from work this morning and the smoke has gotten much worse.

I've been a master tech for a long time and never seen this much smoke out the tailpipe of a car lol. I'm pretty sure I'll be needing a new motor, which is fine.....just not sure what route too take.

The tpi setup is a 86 maf. My goal is to have a fun car to hotrod my whole 3 miles to work or the golf course, not win any drag races. Obviously I'd like to have as much power as I can get for the money I'm gonna spend if that makes sense.

I'm gonna run a compression test tomorow on the other 7 cylinders..... Only checked cyl 8 due to time..... And was at @130. I should probably make at new post about this, explaining my setup, symptoms, etc. Huh? Getting car towed back from my shop to the house in the mourning..... Just too much smoke too drive