HybridZ

Found some springs in a junk yard today

Went junk yard hopping with a friend today and ran across an S30 (think it was a '72) that was being stripped. Not much good drivetrain-wise, but the front springs were a little older but powdercoated blue. I didn't find a name on them but I'm betting these are not stockers. If I can get them for a song, any thoughts? Any ideas who sells their springs powdercoated blue? How much would you offer for them?

I have some blue tokico's and MSA's.

Didn't nissan offer 2 spring choices besides the euro's back in the old comp catalogs? Yellows and blues, back in the day, just different rates.

I did the same thing, bought a parts cars, had what I believe to be stock springs in the rear and some yellows in the front. They are shorter and stronger, than stock, for sure but I don't know the maker. Maybe we can get together and have a full set!

• 1 month later...

OK, so I picked them up a couple weeks back and took the time yesterday to pop them in. Can I just say publicly how much I hate McPherson struts? Anyway, the wire size and number of coils appear to be the same as original but you can certainly tell from the accompanying photos that if these are stock replacements, the original springs were sagging pretty badly. I took it around the block to load the suspension but did not notice any significant difference in ride height or quality.

Here are the pair I found in the junk yard. Just about $23OTD by the time they taxed me and my $1 admission fee.

Newsprings.jpg?t=1311028200

Comparison of the "new" springs versus what came out. Both old springs were at the same height uncompressed.

Springcomparison.jpg?t=1311027995