HybridZ

Car sat for 4 years

z31lee

Hi I have an 87 z31 turbo. I put the car away 4 years ago when it was not running right and I just

started working on it agian. I can not get it to idel unless I crank the fule up to 60psi. If I

have the fule at 40 it will just keep dieing. I took a propane tank around the motor to check for

vac leak beacuse I thought mite be it but the car did not idel up so I think the only other thing it

could be is the injecters mite be pluged ?

Sorry for the dumb post but I just want some help with this and I know you guys whould have the best

options for me to try.

87 turbo 5 speed, Adj regulater turbo back 3" msd 16" felxlite fan. tubrosmart boost controler and bov

you should try that Sea foam, and change the fuel filters. it might be being starved for fuel due to gum in the lines or blocked up filter. you could test by pulling the fuel line off the pump (suction side) and put it into a gas can to see if the car runs better, that would aleast elim or indicate the fuel tank from the equation.

I have a press gage right after the fule rails on the adj regulater. But I will try that to. It has a z32

pump in it right now to and the presser jumps up right away when you turn on the key.

When I do get it running at 60 psi its not running that great and if you hit the gas it will stall.

Is there any other info I can give you guys to help me try to figger this out. Could it be the air regulater

or FICD and anything like that.

• 2 weeks later...

An easy MAF test is when it is running, How well does it run, Usually there's a 2K limit on the "limp mode" on a bad MAF. It'll run okay kinda crappy, but at 2K RPM it'll bog and die because the fuel flow goes from something like 5% to 100% right at 2K with a bad MAF. you could take it to Nissan and have then hook it up to their Consult II/III and it'll tell exactly what's not working right. $65 buck diag charge tho, not to mention getting it there.