HybridZ

What do I need to make a 260Z harness work in a 240Z?

Hey guys,

The wiring harness in my '73 was pretty hacked up and really confusing to try and make heads or tails of, so I decided to just buy another harness. I picked up a complete 260Z harness for cheap, but I need to know what needs to be done to make it compatible. I know the 260Z uses a different ignition, but that's about it. I still have my old harness, if that helps me at all. Do I need to get a 260Z distributor, coil, etc. or can I modify the harness? :huh: I don't know. Help! Please! Thank you :D

I do not need heat or a/c, or even a stereo though it would be nice. I am using Autometer Phantom gauges; right now just tach, speedo, fuel level, oil pressure and water temp, and all the lights/signals/horn/wipers need to work, just basic stuff to make it street legal. I've got no carbs right now but I'm looking to get a pair of either early SU's or dual downdraft Webers. Transmission is manual. This is going to be a fair-weather weekend car only. I just want to get it running and drivable so I can enjoy it while I finish my L28ET build. Any other factors I'm missing please let me know!

Edited by MazterDizazter