HybridZ

77 / 78 280z Turn Signals For 73 240z

Hoopes

I've got a 1973 240z with an aftermarket air dam front end. This change required the removal of the stock turn signals. I'm trying to adapt a 1977/78 280z grille and turn signal assemblies. The grill fits perfect and I have the turn signal assemblies, but it seems they must fit into a separate housing and the housing attaches to the grille; I just can't be sure. I can't find any information that would guide me on the best way to "fit" the turn signals into this application. Is there anyone out there that has made this swap? Any guidance on how I can adapt this would be great; I'm stumped. Thanks in advance!!

We can fabricate a solution to this problem, but I was hoping to avoid or at least make this task easier. I've tried to locate a 77/78 280 locally so I could see how these things are installed, but I'm not having much luck. Could someone talk me through this and maybe even send a couple pics of what this looks like??

Edited by Hoopes