HybridZ

Updated pics on my 260z NA-T.

piston

Been trying to find time to work on it as much as I can. Got all the hard stuff done. Now onto the basic then tune and smoke tires. jk. I haven't seen a boosted GE in stock form in a s30 chassis with stock manifolds yet besides one from a magazine I found on yahoo. But the car is in Iraq or some where on the other side of the world. Here goes the pics...

SDC12456.jpg

I got use to looking at the manifold. FFIM and gte valve covers in the future!

SDC12451.jpg

Pic looks smokey for some reason?

SDC12446.jpg

Clean and basic. TT MHG, ARP studs, that's it! Besides the fuel supply stuff..

SDC12438.jpg

Garrett T4 a/r .60 intake and a/r .70 exhaust. Was going to use the .81 exhaust but I wanted a street monster.

SDC12432.jpg

Surprise the body line is dead straight. Took me days to master the body work.

SDC12427.jpg

Compressor intake looks like it barely clears the distributor. Rather not use the ugly4runner cap.

SDC12436.jpg

Waiting to be driven. Looks real clean and basic. still need to put on my bumpers, BRE spoiler and exhaust and real fender mirrors of course.

SDC12457.jpg

10 gallon tank. Z31 axles, mm flange, maxima rear set up. r200 3.90 open 1310 chevy u-joint to chevy driveline to r154 yolk.

SDC12459.jpg

HKS HiPower I got from a WRX. lol made it fit. Still needs work!

SDC12453.jpg

The Jz pcm sits right behind the switch panel. best spot I can find/hide.

Edited by piston

Ivan280zt, Your build inspired me to build mine! I was going to aim high on hp also, but because I wanted the car to look stock and old school, I went with smaller 15x8.5 wheels etc. so I was limited on hp. However 400hp should rock this thing.

Ivan280zt, Your build inspired me to build mine! I was going to aim high on hp also, but because I wanted the car to look stock and old school, I went with smaller 15x8.5 wheels etc. so I was limited on hp. However 400hp should rock this thing.

Man to be honest most fun I ever had with me Z was when my L-28 was making just shy of 400whp that was soooo much fun so I know for the fact that you will enjoy your setup!

yea, true a lot of guys running mild 300-350hp says its already retarded fast and fun to drive. My lt1 was probably about the 300-320hp. It was okay from A to B, but I wanna disappear on the freeway and wanted something reliable where I can drive out of town and not worry. JZ engines are well proven and I can not wait to get this thing on the road. lol

Lookin' good :2thumbs:

Gotta admit, I think I agree with Ivo.. I got more enjoyment out of the old L28 turbo daily beater than I have out of the 2JZ car.. I mean, I could drive and park the L28et car anywhere without the slightest worry of anything happening to it. I drive the 2JZ 240z somewhere, and I cannot enjoy my time away from the car, worrying about it sitting there unguarded. <sigh>

• 3 months later...

Lots of progress on the car. My computer wont load pics for some reason. I am currently running on 8'ish psi and the car feels pretty good for that low of boost (untuned). I'm having issue with the timing way off at idle back and forth. Its in open loop and I'm not sure whats causing it but I will figure it out sooner or later so 12 degree before tdc for now. Still need to get my intercooler pipes welded. Intercooler already installed, Looks real clean and mean. Sounds so friggen sweet with the modded HKS hi power exhaust, I'm super stoked, quiet and deep tone and screams like a beast when the wastegate opens. Now I'm regretting not putting in a good race clutch instead I was cheap and used my used 1jz clutch. lol

• 2 months later...