HybridZ

1970 240z Project (Very slow, money is tight)

Wow, nice job Alex. I'm sure that took quite a bit of time and patience. Every little bit of work adds up, as tough as it can be to squeeze it in sometimes. Keep it up, little-by-little and you'll be on the road soon enough!

Im going to seek out a small sand blaster and use it on the head light bucket and a couple spots I missed. Way too many angles for a sander and too weird to scrape with air craft stripper.

Im going to seek out a small sand blaster and use it on the head light bucket and a couple spots I missed. Way too many angles for a sander and too weird to scrape with air craft stripper.

I hope you have a big enough compressor and tank to keep up with a sandblaster!

Pressurized SandBlaster does not require high CFM for the small spot.

You might want to check out this.

http://www.harborfreight.com/40-lb-pressurized-abrasive-blaster-68992.html

I have a big air compressor, I just ordered the handheld gun and 25 pounds of walnut shells. It was cheaper then the pressure blaster.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day, I'll be starting the sand blasting on a few small parts, bumper, and some interior parts of the car. I Have glass beads for that and walnut shell for the block so I can repaint it black. I'll also be checking on my head, should be done this week or next and I can start putting the motor back together. A good day indeed.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day, I'll be starting the sand blasting on a few small parts, bumper, and some interior parts of the car. I Have glass beads for that and walnut shell for the block so I can repaint it black. I'll also be checking on my head, should be done this week or next and I can start putting the motor back together. A good day indeed.

Nice, just be sure to clean all media after you're done! A few specs always get caught somewhere. I think you're going to like blasting a bit better than doing it by hand...

Yes I think I will. Jest checked on my head. Should be ready next week for me to pick up, I wanted to have the valve seats replaced but that was just too much money, so it'll be all clean and read to put back on my block, since this is my first motor build we'll see if I can do that and if so I'll build a performance motor afterwards.

Well I tried out my new sand blaster from harbor freight and it...sucks the max psi Is 90, I fine glass beads and course walnut shells. I don't know why it wouldn't take paint off...maybe I'm doing something wrong but since it didn't work I went to try my friend's blaster and the only difference is mine actually cent use the walnuts, his can. After a few attempts i gave up swapping out the air inlet fRom the compressor to blaster I just went back to sanding. Not much done maybe 20-30% of the engine bay. Good news is since my head will be done this week I ordered some parts to put it back together. To be continued...

Got back to sanding tonight, after that sand blaster fiasco I needed to get ahead heres what I can got done with a 3m disk and 80grit

post-15914-047886900 1345615669_thumb.jpg

post-15914-058357600 1345615728_thumb.jpg

I got really thirsty and it was hot so I had myself a cold one as a break :) What a good advertisement this would be lol.

post-15914-048367000 1345615789_thumb.jpg

Heres after the beer, I got maybe 30% of the engine bay done, I was also tackling the back bumper area…so much bondo back there. I may have to order a new back piece as well from black dragon auto along with me rear arches.

post-15914-025127400 1345615847_thumb.jpg

post-15914-015956200 1345615909_thumb.jpg

post-15914-038131000 1345616036_thumb.jpg

That beer made me super tired so I got a good rest all relaxed knowing a lot of work got done.

Edited by Alex731

Picking up my cylinder head after a dr. appt today. So stoked to have it back, this gives me something to do and take a break from sanding. I need to order some body filler for the deep scratches and such from whoever used a wire wheel on the car. I'll also be renting my ar/co2 for the welding and ordering my rear wheel arches soon too. hopefully I get get a lot of this done in the net week or two.

Might be ready to drop 300 bucks on a brand new cannon manifold. It's a chunk of change but I'll be on my way really soon.

Curious as to why, did you get carbs? You can find used manifolds for half of that or less.

Im going to use the stock brakes just for a short while and the car up and running. Im pretty sure my suspension is shot I think lol, cant really tell since I drove the car round the block very slowly and broke down at the gas station afterwards lol. But I'm planning on getting T3 suspension set up. This week I'm also ordering my rear wheel arches. Don't worry guys im not planning on doing any engine mods besides the carbs since thats the only thing im looking for at this stage. Everything else is good to use, I also do really want to pay for Su's right now if I don't really plan on using them. And since I found the cannon manifold and its brand new with linkage so the only thing I'll have to order after that are my carbs.