HybridZ

Leon's 260Z

Ok now that gives me something to look for. It would take about 2 hours to swap it out once and if I find one that is in my price range....

any one need a spare kidney? :D

That's what it cost me! :lol:

Good luck in your search! There are some other nice options for LSDs though, including buying a Quaife (or OBX if you want cheap, just search for installation procedure) unit and installing it yourself or getting a Subaru R180 CLSD and using John Coffey's axles. Good luck!

• Like 1

I would do the subie swap since I know a guy that has the 4.11 with the lsd. Only issue is MM is really hard to get any parts made right now. Instead of waiting for that to come about I'll spend my cash on something else. I've been looking at a used procharger setup for the LT1 on a local forum that the guy wants out of his garage.

I would do the subie swap since I know a guy that has the 4.11 with the lsd. Only issue is MM is really hard to get any parts made right now. Instead of waiting for that to come about I'll spend my cash on something else. I've been looking at a used procharger setup for the LT1 on a local forum that the guy wants out of his garage.

Which part do you need from MM for installing the LSD? Is it an R200?

MM makes the axel adapters if I wanted to stay with the stock axels.

This is why John Coffey makes axles which snap into the Subaru R180 and accept the stock half-shafts!

BTW, MM makes the adapters for 300ZX CVs, not Subaru ones.

Its amazing what a couple inches and new rims can do, looks awsome! keep the updates comeing!

Hey, thanks!

A couple of days ago, my fiancee asks, "what percentage of the car do you think you've worked on and/or changed?"

My first thought was, "not really that much." But then I started really thinking about it: the entire suspension is either new or cleaned up and painted, the entire cooling system is new (hoses, water pump, radiator, thermostat housing, pump inlet), I added the triples and header with a new exhaust, put in new seats and console, bunch of gaskets, and a different diff. That feels like the majority of the car! These old Zs are so simple that you can revamp the entire car and not notice! Pretty soon, I'll be putting in the flywheel/clutch, ZX tranny, LSD, new carpet, and finally finishing up the EDIS wiring. A rebuilt L28 will make it in there eventually. I hadn't even realized it... :D

Yo Leon, next time your taking the car up to sac stop by if you can spare the time stopping in vacaville. Maybe that well give me the inspiration to get my s30 on the road. Maybe by this summer I'll be ready to run some autox's.

Of course! I'm supposed to meet rejracer sometime (trade parts), maybe the three of us can meet at your place since you're kind of in between us!

• 2 months later...

Holy crap, I did not realize how much of a PITA it is to replace the clutch master. How small did Nissan think a typical hand is? :lol:

Last week, I was driving the Z and the clutch pedal got softer and softer, as the engagement point got lower and lower. Tell-tale sign of a dying clutch master, especially since I replaced a dying clutch slave a few months prior. Hence the reason for the clutch master replacement. I guess they really do go in pairs.

I haven't updated much mostly because of doing home renovations, buying another car, blah blah blah...

Besides the clutch master and little things here and there, I haven't made much "progress", but instead have just been driving. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some recent and semi-recent pics. I plan on clay-barring the paint soon as well. As you can see, I've been driving it more than anything!

At work

101_0420.jpg

At home

101_0437.jpg

With Delorean's Z at Cars & Coffee

101_0441.jpg

The twins

101_0064.jpg

Derek's trigger wheel and sensor mount, mounted. Thanks Ross!

101_0200.jpg

Interior, gross old carpets have since been removed and I plan on getting new ones in the near future. Also thinking of selling the seats, they're a bit small for me and sit me a little high.

101_0325.jpg

My neighbor's pristine green/butterscotch Z, which I helped sell recently. Wish I had the space. :(

101_0353.jpg

Ooh, I wish that Z were on the east coast, I would've snatched it up in a heartbeat!

It pained me that I didn't have the space for it! It sold for $8k!!! I was sad... :(

Nice looking car Leon! I love Panasports. It's like they were make for S30 lines.

Thanks Ross! I agree on the Panasports, I love the look. They seem to look great on a lot of classics. When in doubt, Panasport. :lol: Thanks to Brian for those, BTW!

Lookin forward to joining you guys soon on a drive. I'm

Jealous!

I'm looking forward as well! Keep up the work and you'll be done before you know it. ;)

Now that the trigger wheel and sensor are mounted...... is the Megajolt up and running yet?

I am very curious as to how it will transform the drivability of your Weber setup!

Brady, I'm embarrassed it's taking me so long! All that's left is mouting the box and running the wires. I need to find where I put those nice wires and shielded cables that I bought and make a relay bracket. Then fix the laptop and we're ready to go!

In regard to Weber driveability, I've spoken to Keith Franck (from Sidedraft Central) and will be coming by his house in the near future to test out his new custom e-tubes and idle jets (yay for being local!). Those, along with Megajolt should make this thing run as well as a triple-carb'd engine possibly can!

Damn, you have me motivated now! I need to get at least some of this stuff done, THIS weekend.

Edited by Leon