HybridZ

Rota Shakotans.... anyone running them?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm. Im pondering picking up a pair of these to put my slicks on for the strip.

What does a 9" wheel weigh?

From what I remember reading, they don't weigh very much for a 9" wheel it was between the 15-17 lb mark, can't remember exactly.

From what I remember reading, they don't weigh very much for a 9" wheel it was between the 15-17 lb mark, can't remember exactly.

Just found this:

http://www.racinglab.com/rota-shakotan-15x9-006.html

15x9 = 15.9 pounds for anyone not looking to follow the link.

I am so buying these. This saves almost $100 over ebay.

Edited by SUNNY Z

Sunny we will look forward to the pics, what size tires did you decide on?

I'm buying these for drag wheels, so it will be a full slick.

I'm either going with a MT ET Drag 26x8.5x15, or a 26x10x15. I think the 8.5 will be a great fit on these wheels, but I also think the 10 would look sick. I love lots of tire haha.

I might wait till I get them to order, or i might get crazy and make a decision!

Don't worry about the rim back spacing until a tire is on it. Measure out your section width and see how much room is left. I hope you can go with the 10" tire.

If you'll see above, I already ordered an 8.5". Thats what MT suggested. It will be more than enough tire, if driven correctly, I have a feeling.

The section width on the 10" was 11.6", which is 1.3" off each side. I would have had to run a decent sized spacer to get it away from the strut at that point. Also, it would have added more rolling resistance and weight.

Edited by SUNNY Z

Sorry, your post has changed a lot since it first went up. I can't believe how light those tires are-makes changing them a lot easier for an old guy like me. They stick like glue, thus my burned up clutch. What front tires/wheels are you gonna run? I'd love to see if you have the same trouble I've had with wandering all over the track. I'm really interested in your ET/mph and driving impressions.

2012-09-04_15-04-58_824.jpg

Also, I went ahead and ordered a pair of 26 x 8.5 x 15 MT ET drag slicks, scheduled to be here in a couple days. I'll report back with mounted pictures.

Cant tell in this pic but do the overfenders cover them up good? or do they stick out a little?