HybridZ

Rota Shakotans.... anyone running them?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn those aren't going to be wide enough. Why can't they be 15x10 or 15x11.

And that looks really good man. I like it a lot. Something looks a little off in the rear though. Have you thought about rolling the fenders and running spacers or less camber? The tires just look too far away from the quarters.

Edited by ComicArtist

He did mention that he is using 195's which could be creating the issue you mentioned in the rear. Personally, on a 9 inch wheel I would not go less than a 225. The car does look great with those wheels, I love their vintage look.

And that looks really good man. I like it a lot. Something looks a little off in the rear though. Have you thought about rolling the fenders and running spacers or less camber? The tires just look too far away from the quarters.

Well my tires are stretched and since the car is lowered, the wheels are cambered in a lot. So I'm working on getting rear lower control arms with camber adjustment to straighten everything out and then I'll roll the fenders so I don't rub.

He did mention that he is using 195's which could be creating the issue you mentioned in the rear. Personally, on a 9 inch wheel I would not go less than a 225. The car does look great with those wheels, I love their vintage look.

Yeah, I personally like the stretched look but I didn't think 195's would give me as much stretch as it did. So I'm gonna go with 205's next time.

thanks for the pics of the rims. I am suprised at how well the 9s fit. I was expecting super poke out back and not fitting in the front at all. the stance looks good and car seems pretty clean.

I was surprised as well. I thought they would poke out more too. But the fronts fit perfectly, no rolling needed even with no camber. The back looks like it would poke a little though if I were to straighten it out. But thanks for the compliments.

Reg, your wheels look great, the -15 offset would only be good if you wanted to run flares which would spoil the look of your car. Be happy with it, I would be.

Awwwww. I wish I knew about these sooner :(

Edited by lorenzo

Reg, your wheels look great, the -15 offset would only be good if you wanted to run flares which would spoil the look of your car. Be happy with it, I would be.

Thanks. Don't get me wrong, I am satisfied but I've always loved the wider stance of the Z with the fender flares.

im on tokico illuminas and ground control coilovers. no rub at all and my fenders aren't rolled. i could go lower but it just wouldn't be practical for me.

Thinking of getting a set of these wheels. But I'm running stock suspension. Do you think this would be a problem for the 15x9?

So if i'm running stock suspension with no flares, you think 0 offset would be better?

Thinking of getting a set of these wheels. But I'm running stock suspension. Do you think this would be a problem for the 15x9?

So if i'm running stock suspension with no flares, you think 0 offset would be better?

It shouldn't be a problem. but of course you just would have a lot of wheel gap

Edited by regggggggg

Sigh, not listed in 15X13... Watanabes still on my list for the Shark Car's upgrade to Lamborghini Countach Tyres...

I just saw some Proxes T1A's listed in 225 50-14 and 225 40-14's. Looks like I'm going to have to ship some tires from Japan to fit my old-school 14" Wats!

That won't be cheap. :(

It shouldn't be a problem. but of course you just would have a lot of wheel gap

Wheel gap = no good. lol

Sigh, not listed in 15X13... Watanabes still on my list for the Shark Car's upgrade to Lamborghini Countach Tyres...

I just saw some Proxes T1A's listed in 225 50-14 and 225 40-14's. Looks like I'm going to have to ship some tires from Japan to fit my old-school 14" Wats!

That won't be cheap. :(

Lucky bastard. I wish I could ship tires from Japan.

• 2 weeks later...