HybridZ

Rota Shakotans.... anyone running them?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed a set of the 15x9 0 offset Shakotan's and I love them. I went with a set of 205/50 Dunlop Direzza Sport Star Specs...

e7fa0de1.jpg

442ed184.jpg

a07d4e9f.jpg

Just needs a drop and fender flares IMO.

*I'm on Tokico shocks and springs and they won't fit without spacers however. I used the only spacers Pepboys sold and I'm not sure what size they are but I had to slightly hammer in the outside edge of the spring perches to get the tires to clear.

Edited by 280Dan

Looks to me that it could be lowered an inch or two, you could have also went with a higher profile tire which would have filled more of the wheel well. I think if you lowered it more you would find that flares are not required.

I would like to see these wheels with the center painted silver, like they were on the Mangusta, the spokes look a little skinny because of the black paint.

Looks to me that it could be lowered an inch or two, you could have also went with a higher profile tire which would have filled more of the wheel well. I think if you lowered it more you would find that flares are not required.

I would like to see these wheels with the center painted silver, like they were on the Mangusta, the spokes look a little skinny because of the black paint.

Or... how about Zhakotans?

post-17931-057043200 1336437619_thumb.jpg

post-17931-065965200 1336437633_thumb.jpg

As I mentioned before -10 front, and now -15 rear. Got a really good deal on the +0's else I would have probably went for the -15's. However, (someone correct me if I am wrong), I don't believe you get any more "lip" with the factory -15's, it is just a 15mm plate on the back of the wheel (basically the same as a spacer).

Also, in retrospect, -10 is about perfect in the front on the ZX anyway. In the rear I may have wanted to go a little larger for the look I'm going for. Although I really wish they made some 245/50 tires, had an older pair and I really liked the look (more muscle-car-esque).

Anyway, I attached I couple more shots.

post-17931-078563500 1336438109_thumb.jpg

post-17931-091673600 1336438128_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long shot, but will these clear any of the aftermarket brake kits?

I tried on a set my friend had, and there is no way these wheels clear aftermarket brake kits like Wilwoods or 4x4's. I have Wilwoods and it pretty much wouldn't fit due to the pure size of the caliper.

• 4 weeks later...

im thinking about getting these wheels as well. i found a bid on ebay that has them in staggered set. im open to opinions.

My link

I think you mean a seller. I have always thought a staggered set in those sizes would look good on a z that has original fenders and is slightly lowered, maybe with a 205/60/15 for the front and a 225/60/15 in the rear.

Edited by lorenzo

Yea, sorry about that. I'v Decided to go with 9s all around. The guys at LSD Motorsport suggested 225/60/15 on a stock shocks and springs. These would be my first pair of wheels. I should have them by Saturday.

Great, show some pics when you get them on the car.