HybridZ

Finally tuning the monster z31

zmainiac

Well the z and new dyno are both ready to roll so it should be a fun weekend. Stock block, rebuilt head, mls gaskets, haltech e6k, t67 turbo, 1000 cc injectors, custom satan plenum and exhaust manifold. Should have my built vg35 back by the end of august but this should make some power until then.

ae3eb789.jpg

Should tune it tomorow. Its a brand new dynocom 5000 eddy brake 2wd dyno. Right now its a stock 87 na block, rebuilt heads, stock cams, spec stage 3 clutch, 1000cc injectors, haltech e6k standalone, tt fuel pump, precision 38 mm wastegate, tial 44 blowoff, vacuum actuated cutout, satans custom plenum, log manifold, fuel rails, t67 turbo, etc.

I have a vg33 at the machine shop being bored to a vg35 with brc forged pistons, scat rods, jim wolf s2 cams, adj. Cam gears, etc but they are taking their time so i thew this motor in for now. Going for the fastest, most hp stock block z31 which is 480whp and 11.6

Its not a shiro

Well, got a baseline run in today. It made 317/348 at 15 psi but my intake manifold broke and i let off at around 6k as it went pig rich. The divider in the manifold broke off inside and was rattling around. Other than taking a couple of minutes to figure out where the rattling was coming from everything is ok. Should have better numbers by next week. Not going to post the graph as it is rough at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

made some more adjustments and did a couple of pulls with load. This is still at 15psi. Can't wait for a little race gas and 20 psi. Going to the track tomorrow to see what it will do.

monsterz380.jpg

There is something wrong with that dyno sheet, power should not drop off so drastically from 5700rpm on. Back to 100hp at 6500 is ridiculous. Almost 250 at 4000 is good.

Edited by 260DET

If he lets off it's not wrong. Looks like a slow lift.

Yeh that's probably what it is but why back off at ~5700rpm, with those specs run the sucker up to 7k. It should make power to 6500 at least. If not look for restrictions. *** dyno operator.

Edited by 260DET

Yeh that's probably what it is but why back off at ~5700rpm, with those specs run the sucker up to 7k. It should make power to 6500 at least. If not look for restrictions. *** dyno operator.

I, for one, dislike revving my VG past 5,500 RPM or so. They aren't really high-revving motors...

Well, a couple of things happened there. I did let off fairly early. Redline is set low because it is a stock na block, heads, cams so i want it to last a little bit. I did have some wiring gremlins that i took care of since and there are new ign wires on there now. Also there was a shoty circuit board on the dyno which is getting replaced tomorow. It still does break up top so it may be one of the coils going bad. I have a vg33 bored to a 3.5 with forged brc pistons, scat rods, s2 cams, rebuilt heads, mueller twin disc at the machine shop ready to go when i say so but i want to get the highest hp stock block and fastest 1/4 mile before i throw that beast in. I think that it is 450ish and 11.6. Going to do a 100 octane 20psi tune very soon to beat it.

Well, a couple of things happened there. I did let off fairly early. Redline is set low because it is a stock na block, heads, cams so i want it to last a little bit. I did have some wiring gremlins that i took care of since and there are new ign wires on there now. Also there was a shoty circuit board on the dyno which is getting replaced tomorow. It still does break up top so it may be one of the coils going bad. I have a vg33 bored to a 3.5 with forged brc pistons, scat rods, s2 cams, rebuilt heads, mueller twin disc at the machine shop ready to go when i say so but i want to get the highest hp stock block and fastest 1/4 mile before i throw that beast in. I think that it is 450ish and 11.6. Going to do a 100 octane 20psi tune very soon to beat it.

Your VG35 is similar spec to my VG34 except mine has oversized valves, a forged crank and improved lube system too. With a GTX3582R it should make power to 7000rpm.