HybridZ

Turbo sitting too close to oil return on block

jessejames

Ive installed the efr6258 to my stock sr20det. im using the stock manifold. The turbo sits lower and too close to the oil return on the block. I was wondering if i can return the oil to the side of the pan if i buy the greddy oil pan? Would the return be too low? Iany suggestions?

• 8 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but the answer is no. The oil return must be where the stock location is. The oil will not drain if you run the return to the pan.

I'm admittedly not an SR20 expert, but is there something special about the oil return in the block? In general the return just needs to be above the oil level in the pan, so if the Greddy pan meets this criteria it should work. Am I missing something?

On paper people will tell you dont tap that low because on the sr20 the oil pan is always full, so the oil return wont draing back

In reality, people have done this with many other motors and have never had an issue

Something you need to decide.