HybridZ
SENZA PARI

L6 Intake Manifold GROUP BUY

NOTICE FROM STAFF 10/2/15:

BUYER BEWARE

According to some members SENZA PARI (Casey) is severely delinquent in services, products or communications.

DO NOT post in this thread unless you are directly involved in transactions with SENZA PARI. Please keep posts factual, unembellished, and non-threatening.

HybridZ.org will not take any responsibility for these transactions in the past or future, but we will allow constructive communication.

To SENZA PARI, I am keeping your account open at this time. However, you are no longer allowed to post in any other part of this forum or participate in further sales until you clear up your prior commitments.

This notice is pending further review and is subject to change.

I've been contacted quite a bit lately for RB intake manifolds and pricing... Although more than justified, it seems as though the price needs to come down on these.
That being said, I think its time to offer a group buy on the RB series intake manifolds.
I will offer the intake manifolds for $650, provided we can get 10 orders. This goes for any RB series intake manifold... 20, 25, or 26. These can be made to accept the standard throttle body, or Q45. A core set of lower runners would be required.

Can we make it happen?? Lets get the list started...

This is posted on Nico-Club as well.

5474814158_3f2cf3a45b_z.jpg
IMG_0638 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

5474215247_7b43bed077_z.jpg
IMG_0635 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

5474219071_ba81d8afbe_z.jpg
IMG_0639 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

5955124231_07bb7b8ac6_z.jpg
SENZA PARI RB25 INTAKE MANIFOLD 1 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime at cradtke@senza-pari.com

Casey

I havent had much time to be on the forums as of late, too much work in the past month. I'll be starting an L-series Intake manifold and 6-1 exhaust manifold over the next over the next month or two. These will be going into my personal Z first. Below are a couple snaps of the work that's been keeping me busy (20B 3-rotor builds), and the type of work you can expect for the Z components:

5880312242_6ff355056f_z.jpg

IMAG0817 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

5880333690_e4ec0aa36a_z.jpg

IMAG0775 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

6176705649_84c5e1d4ee_z.jpg

IMAG1640 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

6177539854_ed0fa5b720_z.jpg

IMAG1642 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

6110766220_30c190f08b_z.jpg

IMAG1382 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

6109672878_1052a4d696_z.jpg

IMAG1327 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

6167831573_d41e381607_z.jpg

IMAG1614 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

I'll second that! For that look, at that price, and a smart n/a performance design . . . I've got cash in hand.

Anyway - carry on with the GB, hope lots of people are interested. :)

What's the story on the intake manifolds? Specs? Flow numbers? Power made? They look alright, but aren't they just generic plenums welded onto stock flanges, essentially? I think I wouldn't really have any concern except seeing the manifold for the rotary motor's intake manifold looks like it might not bee too efficient unless there's something else going on inside not obvious from an external pic.

What's the story on the intake manifolds? Specs? Flow numbers? Power made? They look alright, but aren't they just generic plenums welded onto stock flanges, essentially? I think I wouldn't really have any concern except seeing the manifold for the rotary motor's intake manifold looks like it might not bee too efficient unless there's something else going on inside not obvious from an external pic.

The plenums are our own design and construction, 13 individual pieces welded together an hand finished. The round ended manifolds are 18 pieces.

In most cases we do use the stock lowers, correct. Mainly due to the fact that you can port them extensively (stock castings are plenty thick) and the costs to machine or waterjet a new flange, cut and form (in most cases the they are not a straight tube), and welded on new injector bosses in just not cost effective considering you're only gaining cosmetics. Most people don't want to pay $600 for a intake plenum, much less $1,200-1,500.

The RB manifolds (which are basically the same design as our 2JZ series) were flow tested years back at 340-344 cfm @ 28 inches water. For comparison the Veilside intake plenum ($2,500) was flow tested at 285-290 cfm, and the Virtual Works ($2,000+) at 315-322cfm.

Our 2UZ V8 manifold (which had a design that was far from optimum given the packagaing constraints) outflowed the stock manifold by 32% and had a cylinder variance of less than 1%. These figures were posted on Supraforums and ClubLexus years ago (2004 maybe?)

Going off of our previous experiences, and seeing as what users of other intake manifolds gain when swapping out the stock manifols, the 20B rotary manifold should be capable of unlocking over 75 rwhp at the power levels the customer expects to be running.

Any chance you guys could make something like this to go from the stock Z L-Series (I know, I know, this is an RB focused Thread :rolleyes: ) intake manifold to the upper radiator support hole? There's lots of universal piping being used to intercooler these things, and everyone tends to go through the same hole in the rad support, so I'm sure plenty of us could use it.

Having a single piece unit that works with multiple setups and this kind of underhood hottness would be great!

Any chance you guys could make something like this to go from the stock Z L-Series (I know, I know, this is an RB focused Thread :rolleyes: ) intake manifold to the upper radiator support hole? There's lots of universal piping being used to intercooler these things, and everyone tends to go through the same hole in the rad support, so I'm sure plenty of us could use it.

Having a single piece unit that works with multiple setups and this kind of underhood hottness would be great!

Absolutely, I imagine 2.5" would be of most use? If can have one made this week if you'd like. I've got an 280z that I'll be puting away for the winter months so it'll be free for mock up use of any and all parts.

I dont know the exact angles off-hand required to get from point A to point B, but you'd be looking at $200-250 for a piece such as this.

Casey

2.25" or 2.5" seems to be the standard sizes used. I would like 2.5 personally.

Now the big question, what kind of price are we looking at?

Is there any advantage to using numerous pie-cut's welded together rather than mandrel bending? Other than maybe your shop doesn't have a mandrel bender? It just seems like a mandrel bend would be cheaper to make and be a lot less labor intensive, making costs lower and performance the same (if not better due to the numerous sharp edges likely inside the piping of those pie-cut bends).

I agree that you could sell a lot of pre-made I/C piping if you make them for S30's, but it just seems like you could make it cheaper for both yourself and us if you make them from mandrel bent tubing rather than welding numerous pie-cuts together.

I agree that you could sell a lot of pre-made I/C piping if you make them for S30's, but it just seems like you could make it cheaper for both yourself and us if you make them from mandrel bent tubing rather than welding numerous pie-cuts together.

Agreed... I'd love to have something like that going from my shaved intake manifold just for the cleaness and bling factor (not to mention, getting rid of a silicon connector), but $250 is an awful premium to pay when mandrel bends will get the same job done for less than half that. Get it closer to say... $150 shipped and I'd be all over it.

Not to say its not $250 worth of quality work and materials...

I think it just reminds me of how sharp the VH45DE 240z's engine bay looks:

3284213304_6d6d06ede2.jpg

Edited by LanceVance

Cannonball and Lance, you're absolutely right... there isn't a need for a pie-cut piece other than asthetic reasons. The downpipe and other various parts we do using pie-cuts is done simply because the customer wanted the look. Lance asked about it, so I just answered his question honestly... we can do it but the work involved is a bit more than is necessary considering the application.

This can be done out of pre-bent aluminum tubing at half the cost, you bet!

Agreed... I'd love to have something like that going from my shaved intake manifold just for the cleaness and bling factor (not to mention, getting rid of a silicon connector), but $250 is an awful premium to pay when mandrel bends will get the same job done for less than half that. Get it closer to say... $150 shipped and I'd be all over it.

Not to say its not $250 worth of quality work and materials...

I think it just reminds me of how sharp the VH45DE 240z's engine bay looks:

Lance and Cannonball, I'f you think there's a market for these and I could get an order of 5-10( which I don't doubt it at all... seems like it would be a handy piece.) I would do them for $150. And that would be for the pie-cut weldments as seen above on the downpipe. Here are a few more that give a better idea of the part. These are done using 3.5" OD 20 ga. tubing.

6167831573_d41e381607_z.jpg

IMAG1614 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

6145971922_156fe48774_z.jpg

IMAG1514 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

Lance and Cannonball, I'f you think there's a market for these and I could get an order of 5-10( which I don't doubt it at all... seems like it would be a handy piece.) I would do them for $150.

If you get enough interest for a group buy go ahead and put me down for one. Looking for 2.5" tubing, which should mate up well with the 60mm Weber TB I'm using...

If you get enough interest for a group buy go ahead and put me down for one. Looking for 2.5" tubing, which should mate up well with the 60mm Weber TB I'm using...

Lance, I've been busy with the holidays and finishing up a few other manifolds/customer cars, but I'll get one of these made up in the week or two. And $150 is fine, I don't need a group buy to do these:-)

Also in the works is the L28 6-1 header... I have to tweak the orientation of some pie cuts for a smoother flow throughout. Look for this in a few weeks.

And yes... tubing and bends would be cheaper/easier/faster, but this is more fun:-)

6426187911_9ef8787af7_z.jpg

L28_EXHAUST_HEADER-2 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

6426187847_c181229224_z.jpg

L28_EXHAUST_HEADER-1 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

6426187743_abf31afb68_z.jpg

L28_EXHAUST_HEADER by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

Lance, I've been busy with the holidays and finishing up a few other manifolds/customer cars, but I'll get one of these made up in the week or two. And $150 is fine, I don't need a group buy to do these:-)

Also in the works is the L28 6-1 header... I have to tweak the orientation of some pie cuts for a smoother flow throughout. Look for this in a few weeks.

And yes... tubing and bends would be cheaper/easier/faster, but this is more fun:-)

L28_EXHAUST_HEADER-2 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

L28_EXHAUST_HEADER-1 by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

L28_EXHAUST_HEADER by SENZA PARI, on Flickr

That looks like a lot of work and your work does look amazing. You might want to consider doing a turbo exhaust manifold instead since there are lots of guys looking for them and no one makes them (other than the super rare Japanese pieces). Something that supports an external waste gate would probably be what people are looking for. There are loads of headers available for the L series but nothing for a turbo manifold.

That looks like a lot of work and your work does look amazing. You might want to consider doing a turbo exhaust manifold instead since there are lots of guys looking for them and no one makes them (other than the super rare Japanese pieces). Something that supports an external waste gate would probably be what people are looking for. There are loads of headers available for the L series but nothing for a turbo manifold.

I believe you can get the Greedy manifold in either single or twin, but they cost in the area of $2,000. Then again, I don't think people realize, and I am bad about it myself with the saving a buck here and there, how much work and time goes into the study of exhaust gases and how to make an effective manifold. You cannot just throw some pipes together and call it good, there is much more to it than just that.

The log manifold is quite capable and the euro is even better if you can find one. Regardless check the forums and there are a lot of people that are hot and bothered about getting a turbo header for the L series so there is a demand for it. There are lots of headers available so the demand would be much less for a similar amount of fabrication work. The Greedy manifold would fall in the the super rar Japanese pieces I was refering too.