HybridZ

Fiberglass door panels w/speaker holes

rags

I'm trying to get another run of fiberglass door panels with speaker pods built in for the 280Z. I have contacted Pete and he let me know if I get enough interest, he will make them again. The quality of the panels has has made previously is exceptional. Search for fiberglass door panels to see what I'm talking about. Pete's hybrid name is Rayven14. Respond to this post if you are interested.

Joe

Edited by rags

I have posted these pics on other related threads but a picture always seems to get the wheels moving. I had a local stereo shop build the small tweeter mound as I will be using very quality 6.5" component speakers in the doors.

Can't wait to skin these with an outer border of leather, and inner panel of alcantera.

post-736-086231900 1313634324_thumb.jpg

post-736-063267100 1313634368_thumb.jpg

Guy's,

First and foremost, I am going to stick to the original request to have fiberglass panels with speaker pods molded in them. I have let Pete know there is also interest in having CF panels made as well as panels without speaker pods. I'll leave it up to him to decide if he wants to also make the other requested panels.

What I'm looking for is this but using stock door handles.

courtesy of Janaka

190449_10150099825857344_512692343_6685359_1843577_n.jpg

Joe

Great Ken!

Ok now we need to find a set of door panels to donate as a template. It doesn't really matter what year as we will all be drilling our own armrest holes and using the tops of our existing door panels.

Anyone have a set to donate?

Joe

Great Ken!

Ok now we need to find a set of door panels to donate as a template. It doesn't really matter what year as we will all be drilling our own armrest holes and using the tops of our existing door panels.

Anyone have a set to donate?

Joe

Sorry I don't have an extra set but I'll ask around

OK so for fiberglass with speaker pods we have

Billseph

240zstroked

kj280z

ZT-R

rags

camrashy if we can get a one off without speaker pods

If I have someone's interest wrong, please let me know.

We have enough interest. I will be sacrificing my door panels and sending the deposit.

Joe

Edited by rags

OK so for fiberglass with speaker pods we have

Billseph

240zstroked

kj280z

ZT-R

rags

camrashy if we can get a one off without speaker pods

If I have someone's interest wrong, please let me know.

We have enough interest. I will be sacrificing my door panels and sending the deposit.

Joe

Sounds perfect Joe! I don't need the window crank holes in mine since I have power windows, but no biggie either way I can modify them when they arrive

Any idea how long before we have them?

I'm not sure about the stock window crank as the hole will not be drilled for it. I think the fiberglass panel should be thin enough to be drilled for the crank but I'm not positive.

Price should be about $250 a pair. I will confirm.

Joe

Rags,

I wanted to confirm a couple things with you...you said you were donating a pair of door panels, are these panels being made for us going to be for 70-76 style doors??(I understand the 77-78 door panels are COMPLETELY different. Also, will I be able to get a set of the custom door pulls made for an additional cost??

Thanks.

Bill,

The door panels I am donating are from a 76 so the panels will be based on the early door. I put them up against my 78 panel and it will be easier for me to trim the early panel to fit the 77-78 than the other way around.

To be honest, I forgot to ask about the door pulls. I will shoot him an email right now.

Hopefully I can get him to respond directly to this post.

ZT-R,

I am using the Spal power window kit and in the picture above, so is Janaka.

Joe

Edited by rags