HybridZ

Fiberglass door panels w/speaker holes

rags

Hoho, I have you on the list.

I got an email from Pete yesterday that he had some personal business to address, explaining the delay in my updating this thread.

I will be sending him my donor door panels and a deposit this weekend. He will be setting up direct payment method so I do not to be the middleman.

Keep you all posted.

Guy's,

First and foremost, I am going to stick to the original request to have fiberglass panels with speaker pods molded in them. I have let Pete know there is also interest in having CF panels made as well as panels without speaker pods. I'll leave it up to him to decide if he wants to also make the other requested panels.

What I'm looking for is this but using stock door handles.

courtesy of Janaka

190449_10150099825857344_512692343_6685359_1843577_n.jpg

Joe

I'm a bit confused here. This group buy is for the fiberglass panel only, we still need to modify our own skins right? Or is this for a finished product as finished?

It is for the door backing only. Think of it as a replacement for the cardboard part of the door panel. You will still have to finish off the door panel with whatever you want (leather, vinyl, cloth, etc).

The picture I linked to is just a representation of what your finished product could look like. Obviously, you will have to supply your own speaker as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got an email from Pete today. He said the panels I sent him where "hammered beyond belief!". That really let the air out of my sail until he said he thinks he can still get a good mold out of them. He said it might take a little longer than he expected but ddn't say what that meant. I asked for a ETA so we will see waht he come back with.

Joe

Well the panels were in fact "Hammered beyond all belief" but with a little work I'm pretty confident I'll be able to pull a good mold. I managed to get there seams back together (they were in fact in two halves) glue and screw em to another board and shim the edges and corners... to get em straight and as stiff as possible.

So .... so far so good. I'll post a few pics tommorrow although it wont be much to look at.