HybridZ

Fiberglass door panels w/speaker holes

rags

Hey Bandit,

I've got those molds setting on my work bench, just a matter of finding the time to get em laid up. I do have a couple of guys looking to get door pulls so its definately on the front end of things, I'll get em worked out soon.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Got my panels and they look great!

Already started working on one side already. I will try and snap a few pics of what I am doing but it is pretty much the same as Rags did. He has a finished product that he or I will take pics of.

Thanks again for getting these done!

Here is one picture I took while working on mine. I used the stock door panel vinyl to cover the fiberglass panel. Actually, I think I could have stretched the stock stuff to cover the fiberglass panel alone if I put a little more time into it. Crappy phone picture but it's all I have at the moment.

Joe

post-53-089229800 1325867680_thumb.jpg

Edited by rags

Here is one picture I took while working on mine. I used the stock door panel vinyl to cover the fiberglass panel. Actually, I think I could have stretched the stock stuff to cover the fiberglass panel alone if I put a little more time into it. Crappy phone picture but it's all I have at the moment.

Joe

Thats Hot!!! What kind of glue did you use to adhere the vinyl to the new glass panel?

Okie dokie smokies;

Gots a few pics for a basis update on those door pulls, unfortunately Im not really pleased with the results. If I continue making them out of carbon I'd have to finish each and every piece that I pop out of the mold ... Sure I could tell the end user that they have to get the part finished or cleared but as a consumer myself thats not something that even I would want to do. Fact is it might be easier and cheaper for them to covered with leather, vinyl, bedsheets, baby diapers or whatever your plans are for the finished product... Again, Im not happy with the finish! I was even contemplating remaking the mold so I can get a vacuum bag on em just to see what the end result would be.

Oh ya and I have a set of panels (pics attached) that I forgot to roll all the air bubbles out of, same great panel, same great layup, same strength same great ... you get it. Just alot of air bubbles, I'll let em go for $200 because Im not comfortable with someone opening the box and seeing all the trapped air, just want you to know what your getn before you get it.

Pics!!!!

post-1755-047051200 1325899607_thumb.jpg

post-1755-011551000 1325899629_thumb.jpg

post-1755-066852400 1325899646_thumb.jpg

post-1755-061552000 1325899689_thumb.jpg

post-1755-098169400 1325899707_thumb.jpg

post-1755-035540300 1325899733_thumb.jpg

Carbon Fiber Door Pulls!!! Where!?!?!?!

Yeah, but Im not happy with the way the finish look. Ideally I'd like to make parts that are more "Plug and Play" no one wants to get their parts and have to take it to the paint shop to get cleared. So having said that Im gonna be re-making the molds so I can get a vacuum on them, I'm sure that will solve the problem of having to clear or finish every part.

I do have a set of fiberglass handles and that set of carbon handles ready to go, BUT!!! the finish on the carbon handles looks good in the pics but it needs some more finish work AND!!! the other carbon handle is fresh out the mold and also needs finish work... basically whoever buys them will have to take it to the paint shop.

Pete,

Your fiberglass and mold making skills are great. I have tried with several members who also have good fg skills to make a single gauge pod that seemlessly blends into the top of the ignition clamshell. Something as if the factory had intended which would allow for a boost or air/fuel mixture gauge(2'1/16") to visually reside smack dab in the center of the two main gauge zone. Sound like something you may want to tackle?

Pete,

Your fiberglass and mold making skills are great. I have tried with several members who also have good fg skills to make a single gauge pod that seemlessly blends into the top of the ignition clamshell. Something as if the factory had intended which would allow for a boost or air/fuel mixture gauge(2'1/16") to visually reside smack dab in the center of the two main gauge zone. Sound like something you may want to tackle?

+1 for this as well!