HybridZ

Fiberglass door panels w/speaker holes

rags

I want a set of the carbon fiber door panels. I want to use the stock, hand crank window mechanism and I am envisioning a nylon strap for the door pull like some of the old 911s had. A few posts back, you mentioned that you had a set of the cf panels that need another coat of clear. Do you still have those?

• 1 month later...

I don't know the current availability of these door panels, but I just got a set from a fellow HybridZ member. They appear to be of very high quality and fit pretty easily on my 73 240Z. One thing I didn't really realize was that you have to go with power windows with this upgrade, so now I'm buying the SPAL deluxe kit and switches. I'm planning on painting mine instead of covering them.

med_gallery_824_764_1863470.jpg

I don't know the current availability of these door panels, but I just got a set from a fellow HybridZ member. They appear to be of very high quality and fit pretty easily on my 73 240Z. One thing I didn't really realize was that you have to go with power windows with this upgrade, so now I'm buying the SPAL deluxe kit and switches. I'm planning on painting mine instead of covering them.

med_gallery_824_764_1863470.jpg

I really wish these fit the 77-78 models. :(

Ugggh, sorry for the late response, vacation got in the way!

Anyway, the back edge of the door panel that runs along the door lock mechanism area needs to be trimmed about an inch. This edge is a lot straighter that the earlier doors as the body opening that the door fits against has an extra lip to it. Hard to explain but if you look at your car door opening, you will see what I'm talking about.

Joe

Hey Pete,

I'm gearing up to order a set of panels, probably in a few weeks. If I read this thread correctly, you're in San Jose? I'm about an hour and a half away. Just curious... how much lead time would you need to make a set, if I were to pick them up.

Wes

Edited by Fauxre

Ugggh, sorry for the late response, vacation got in the way!

Anyway, the back edge of the door panel that runs along the door lock mechanism area needs to be trimmed about an inch. This edge is a lot straighter that the earlier doors as the body opening that the door fits against has an extra lip to it. Hard to explain but if you look at your car door opening, you will see what I'm talking about.

Joe

Thanks, I got a hold of the upholstery shop and they had trimmed the panels already. They placed the original on top of the fiberglass panels to make sure they put the clip holes in the right place and noticed they needed to be trimed. I'm glad those guys know what they are doing or I would be having to pay twice to have them upholstered. I'm having them done in black leather with gray suede center inserts. Will post pictures when they are done.

Edited by alainburon

These are for one of the members here, he elected to go with real leather. Im also working on gettting the inlay done for the center door panel,... more than anything Im wating on the freaking door pins, they keep sending me the wrong ones.

First pic is original handle

Second pic is raw leather ...NICE!!!

Third, fourht and fifth pics are templates for cuts and final pieces

Rest of the pics are final product, but these are not the final door panels they'll live on.

post-1755-020111400 1343242552_thumb.jpg

post-1755-042850500 1343242600_thumb.jpg

post-1755-099831600 1343242633_thumb.jpg

post-1755-014695400 1343242756_thumb.jpg

post-1755-035954400 1343242823_thumb.jpg

post-1755-034192000 1343242947_thumb.jpg

post-1755-003447200 1343243123_thumb.jpg

post-1755-008062000 1343243168_thumb.jpg

post-1755-040759000 1343243223_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So here's what my passenger side door panel looks like right now.

med_gallery_824_764_238459.jpg

It isn't complete, this is just a proof of concept done with rattle cans. The panel did require quite a bit of work to fill in air bubble holes, but since this is made to be covered I think this is to be expected.