HybridZ

Fiberglass door panels w/speaker holes

rags

]Getting there! Instead of having the panels covered professionally, I figured why not try to use the stock vinyl and see if it will stretch over the speaker pods. I'm not finished yet but it's getting there!

Joe

post-53-039140200 1321066277_thumb.jpg

post-53-078967700 1321066425_thumb.jpg

Edited by rags

FREAKIN FINALLY!!!!!!

I hate Bondo! its not so bad on a flat surface but geez sanding a deep pocket = pain in the (fill in the blank) .... you get it!

So the plugs are all but done, another coat of primer a few small holes to fill and a final sanding and they're off to the painter (a different painter) for clear and bada bing bada boom ... molds sometime next week! bout time right? and no one could be happier but me. Now I can get back to my 510

Here are a few pics of the passenger door plug...looks pretty darn good.

post-1755-017666100 1321159045_thumb.jpg

post-1755-096311300 1321159077_thumb.jpg

post-1755-014115800 1321159098_thumb.jpg

Hey Ragz

U got a heat gun? what adhesive are you using? I think the best stuff you could use .... believe it or not! is flooring adhesive. Yes flooring glue. Use a paint brush to apply a thin coat, let it get tacky and apply the vinyl with a heat gun to stretch it (a little) and I think you'll like the result. Be careful with the glue because once the vinyl contacts the fiberglass ... its stuck! literally ... its not coming apart!!!

Pete,

Good tip with the flooring adhesive, I'll give it a shot. Once I realized heat would make the vinyl more pliable, it stretched much easier. I'm using a good old fashioned blow drier. Works great!

I think I'm going to do something different with the design. Something with the bottom section of the panel. Oh, and change the color too to accent the 2004 Lemans Sunset paint on the outside of the car.

Stay tuned.

Joe

FREAKIN FINALLY!!!!!!

I hate Bondo! its not so bad on a flat surface but geez sanding a deep pocket = pain in the (fill in the blank) .... you get it!

So the plugs are all but done, another coat of primer a few small holes to fill and a final sanding and they're off to the painter (a different painter) for clear and bada bing bada boom ... molds sometime next week! bout time right? and no one could be happier but me. Now I can get back to my 510

Here are a few pics of the passenger door plug...looks pretty darn good.

Looks great! Can't wait to get mine! I never received a confirmation when I send my paypal payment (could be my problem since I opened a different checking account that it's linked to) - Please let me know if you received it

Any odea on time frames for when they'll be ready to ship?

Will this be a one time batch of these and then I won't be able to get them again or will they be available into the future? I want some but I'd rather wait until I'm at that point before I plunk down the cash and have to store them for a year.

Will this be a one time batch of these and then I won't be able to get them again or will they be available into the future? I want some but I'd rather wait until I'm at that point before I plunk down the cash and have to store them for a year.

Who knows? I'll of course keep these molds and barring that idea that I ever have to move and wanna travel lite they'll probably be available. Keep in mind however that its alot easier to make batches instead of one-sie two-sies so that may be an issue.