HybridZ

Fiberglass door panels w/speaker holes

rags

Dan and HoHo, let me drop you a personal once I go to UPS online for the quote

Okie dokie folks .... Freakin Finally ... Again!!! got the plugs all cleared and polished and I must say that they're lookin pretty spiffy. Both sides are perfectly matched with a nice butter smooth finish. So, Barring any problems I should have the molds layed up tommorrow and from there I start making parts. Although the molds do have to rest/breathe for a day or two before I can actually start mamking parts, but at this point Im sure another few days won't be that big of a deal.Right? think of it like this; Christmas is coming so you can kinda treat your Z to a gift. Oh and I also accept Christmas gifts lol lol

PICS!!!!

post-1755-051008900 1321841742_thumb.jpg

post-1755-091933300 1321841762_thumb.jpg

post-1755-001222300 1321841776_thumb.jpg

post-1755-018372300 1321841794_thumb.jpg

Looking great. Are we going to drill our holes for door handles and arm rests? Also what did we decide was best with the clips? If someone is gonna make an order maybe we should just pay raven a few more bux and let him order them and ship them out with the shells?

Well since I have a couple of doors laying around I'll probably be cutting the door handle and drilling out the holes to get it mounted to the door. I do however have to get that all dialed in before I make any promises, as far as the pins go I'll order them and ship then with your order if you all decide on an amount for for that, what do they cost anyway?, I forgot.

YEAH BABYYY!!!!!! the molds are finally done!!!! I test fit the mold to the door and its a perfect fit, If I had to be honest I think the fitment is a little better than the originals I made. The plan is to let them rest/cure for another day or so but start the waxing and buffing process so theyre ready to go for monday morning.

I'll start by making three or four sets, cut em sand em make the door holes and keep going from there.

As far as order goes, I'd say first come first served, meaning those that gave me deposits first get the panels first. I'll make a list and post it to the forum if thats ok with you guys and check them off as I go... Cool?

As usual ..PICS!!!

post-1755-059885900 1322363167_thumb.jpg

post-1755-002956300 1322363184_thumb.jpg

post-1755-052576900 1322363214_thumb.jpg

post-1755-069244100 1322363239_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm a little slow on that list but I do have 4 sets of panels and one in the cooker. Hopefully I'll be able to dedicate some time this afternoon and get teh list all sorted out, drop a few emails to some of you and ship some boxes tommorrow. In the mean time here are a few pics, I'm also working on getting that door handle cutout worked in ...

:rolleyes:

post-1755-028120300 1322773404_thumb.jpg

post-1755-025227900 1322773461_thumb.jpg

post-1755-097395200 1322773476_thumb.jpg

Olkie Dokie folkies,

Here is how I attach the panels to the upper panel, sure, theyre are probably a million other ways to do it so think of this as just one example of many.

1st pic:This of course is simply the factory panel with the vinyl pulled back, Note: I did not remove the material from the door upper panel, its still in tact. This of course would only be the case if your vinyl is in good shape and you intend to re-use it. Also Please note the alingment of the door upper and the door card (the corners meet pretty flush... this is important as it is the main point of alingment when installing the panel)

2nd pic: Remove the factory panel, it pops off/away from the rivets pretty easily.

No pic shown: Remove the factory rivets from the upper panel.

3rd and 4th Pic: align the rear edge of the new panel to the factory upper metal panel and clamp it into place. (Note: Im using the carbon panels that the painter messed up but the install is of course the same for both applications)

5th and 6th pic: Now flip the panel over to show the oblong holes your going to be drilling through into the panel. Note: your drill bit should not scare or other wise widen the existing hole in the upper panel but should create a clean hole through the new panel.

7th Pic: now drill out the holes and find the corresponding rivet size to snuggly fit the new holes, washers help securing the panel but arent necessary. (Note: for demonstration purposes I used long rivets but shorter ones are required)

8th and 9th Pic: the panel is now securely attached to the door upper

10th Pic: Now just simply glue the panel down, tuck and secure the edges and your done. (Note: I didnt go over the fact that you still have to drill out the provisions for the new pins) Also, you can use staples to attach the new or existing vinyl to the new fiberglass panel

I'll go over drilling out for the new pins tommorrow, I knew it was something I forgot!!!

Your done! go drive it like you stole it.

post-1755-071353000 1323047005_thumb.jpg

post-1755-003704500 1323047237_thumb.jpg

post-1755-098832600 1323049351_thumb.jpg

post-1755-048305600 1323049492_thumb.jpg

post-1755-006973300 1323049559_thumb.jpg

post-1755-036704100 1323049958_thumb.jpg

post-1755-030516900 1323050182_thumb.jpg

post-1755-085456700 1323050605_thumb.jpg

post-1755-049908300 1323050761_thumb.jpg

post-1755-051547500 1323051126_thumb.jpg

post-1755-085276100 1323051145_thumb.jpg

Olkie Dokie folkies,

Here is how I attach the panels to the upper panel, sure, theyre are probably a million other ways to do it so think of this as just one example of many.

1st pic:This of course is simply the factory panel with the vinyl pulled back, Note: I did not remove the material from the door upper panel, its still in tact. This of course would only be the case if your vinyl is in good shape and you intend to re-use it. Also Please note the alingment of the door upper and the door card (the corners meet pretty flush... this is important as it is the main point of alingment when installing the panel)

2nd pic: Remove the factory panel, it pops off/away from the rivets pretty easily.

No pic shown: Remove the factory rivets from the upper panel.

3rd and 4th Pic: align the rear edge of the new panel to the factory upper metal panel and clamp it into place. (Note: Im using the carbon panels that the painter messed up but the install is of course the same for both applications)

5th and 6th pic: Now flip the panel over to show the oblong holes your going to be drilling through into the panel. Note: your drill bit should not scare or other wise widen the existing hole in the upper panel but should create a clean hole through the new panel.

7th Pic: now drill out the holes and find the corresponding rivet size to snuggly fit the new holes, washers help securing the panel but arent necessary. (Note: for demonstration purposes I used long rivets but shorter ones are required)

8th and 9th Pic: the panel is now securely attached to the door upper

10th Pic: Now just simply glue the panel down, tuck and secure the edges and your done. (Note: I didnt go over the fact that you still have to drill out the provisions for the new pins) Also, you can use staples to attach the new or existing vinyl to the new fiberglass panel

I'll go over drilling out for the new pins tommorrow, I knew it was something I forgot!!!

Your done! go drive it like you stole it.

My kids would like give these door panels to Daddy (me) as their Christmas present to me... In order to make that happen I'd need to get my set shortly... Is that a possibility? I'm ready to make payment and could pay extra for shipping to insure they make it on time

Okay here is that list, I used the user name when possible and the first name and last initial if the info wasnt availble.

Also, some of these panels already shipped and I have to cross reference my shipping docs with whats listed here. Im having a helluva problem with user names and email addresses and everyting else that goes along with that.

ZTR... Your first!!!!

HO-Ho is second

Yan929 is third

William G. (Real name)

Martin L. (Real name)

DanZman

Perin T. (Real Name)

Keith P. (Real Name)

Rossman

Richard M (Real Name)

Jagdstealth