HybridZ

RB's builds

Well I have been just lurking through the site gathering tons of info and doing searches versus starting stupid threads, so no one has seen me much. Other then the few nights I get on CHAT. Well its time to post up my builds.

First up is my 1973 240z with a RB20DET as the power train. I haven't upgraded or done much to the engine yet but I have plans. Larger cams, adjustable cam gears, top mount turbo, larger injectors, larger turbo, etc. The car itself is stripped and only has the dash and two Mazda Miata seats in it. I have a fuel cell also in the interior until I cut the spare tire well and properly install a below surface fuel cell area.

Next up is my baby, she is a 1976 280z. Got this for a steal from a local guy. Car is fully caged and braced. Custom frame rails and roll cage to allow a full R33 GTS rear subframe to be mounted in the rear. Custom wide body flares (which I still need to finish) fender vents and the headlight buckets are custom molded into the fenders for a seamless look. There is no rust in the entire car so I am very happy about that. Car is also primed black for now until I finish some things on the body and haven't decided on a color yet. As this is will be my track/weekend car I am thinking of going with a LS1/T56 setup. Should be more then enough for this very lite little car.

Well I will post up some pics of everything later tonight. Hope I can prove my cars here on HybridZ.org

Thanks and stay tuned!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. Please start a F/S thread in classifieds if you have something to sell. Thanks, and good luck...

I am still on the fence but if I can get a fair offer for it all I will sell them, if not then I will just continue the builds. Just with work, about to get married and everything else that comes with having a life seems my time for my Z's are far and few...Time will tell though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like a R200 short nose to me, which is what came in the gts and others. I just happen to of put one out of a GT-R in my Z this weekend (R200).

That is what I thought at first. After I took the car over to Pat's to get wired up he confirmed that it is in fact a R230.

Is that 2 bolts across the top of the rear diff cover, holding it on I see (R200), or is there 3 bolts across top of cover (R230)?

20111030_173606.jpg

How many bolts are on the output shafts flanges for the axles, 6 or 5. I'm not trying to give you a hard time here... just trying to confirm one or the other.. smile.gif

It's a nice set up either way, and either diff will suit your needs.... :2thumbs:

~joel

Is that 2 bolts across the top of the rear diff cover, holding it on I see (R200), or is there 3 bolts across top of cover (R230)?

20111030_173606.jpg

How many bolts are on the output shafts flanges for the axles, 6 or 5. I'm not trying to give you a hard time here... just trying to confirm one or the other.. smile.gif

It's a nice set up either way, and either diff will suit your needs.... :2thumbs:

~joel

5 bolts for the output shaft. There are four bolts holding the cover on, two up top and one on either side.

Oh, members projects not RB forum. Looking good.

Didn't know where really. As the RB20 is pretty much stock other then the Holset hx35 turbo and custom intake, IC pipes and exhaust. When I begin to tear into it this summer I will post a RB20det into a stroker Twin turbo RB20 build thread...

• 1 month later...