HybridZ

l28et s30z build (1973 240z)

My names Tommy and Im currently in the process of research for my l28et swap. I have a 73 240z. Currently the l24 in it is getting new gaskets and a head check and cleaning job. I plan on having it together and driving withn a couple weeks.. I recently got myself a 81 l28et and 99 percent of all the engine parts is there. Came with a auto tranny as well. I plan getting a t5 borg warner or a 280zx non turbo tranny to use.

I have all the electrical parts needed, 82 ecu, 82 distrubitor, coil/ignitor , engine harness etc.

Parts needed:

5 spd

driveshaft, shortened

Custom exhaust

rebuild parts(if needed)

I am just currently in the process of research and gathering parts, the engine will be getting checked for rebuild here in a couple months, so any help will be appreciated.

I will be posting pics and gathering the information needed, mainly electrical questions.

Here is my car below and the stage that it is in.

Don't forget the oil pump shaft from a 82 or 83 car.

Going from auto to T5 is far more painful than going from automatic to fs5w71b trans from a non-turbo 280zx.

If the auto you are referencing is from the 280zx turbo engine you have, the yoke that slips into the trans. will have a larger output shaft diameter and won't mesh with the manual trans......I may fit in but will not mesh with the splines.

If the automatic is from the car itself, you may get lucky and find the driveshaft fits right in the manual.........not fully sure as there are many variations.