HybridZ

vh45de or vk56 into 79 s130

Tsuka89

new to the whole v8 swap thing, wondering if either of these are possible and an all around guess on a price total if either does work,

it will be a long while before I can even begin to save up money for a swap (for I am but a simple college student in a failing economy).

Im also considering SR20 and KA24de as well as RB25 and RB26

thanks any insights are helpful and Im open to other swap suggestions too, but Id like to stay within brand if at all possible (just a thing with me)

I agree with these guys, keep it simple while you're still in school. If you are dead set on a Nissan V8 swap, the VH45 would be your best bet. There is more info and finished swaps into older Z's that you can use as a guidline. Plus it's cheaper. If you look hard enough you can find running Q45's for $500, but the VK56 itself runs around $1200+ on average.

hmm ok sounds good, vk56 sounds like its out then, so I will most likely go vh45 or sr20. I was going to wait till after school anyway assuming I still have the car of course, I already have a cone on it but its not k&n so I'm gonna upgrade when it needs it, and I plan on 2.5 by next summer anyway so that should be good, would like a fun daily out of this until I get out of school

thanks for the insights guys

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...