HybridZ

Texas Turbo Tom 240 to LS2/T56/Magnacharger build

You putting same motor back in (with new bearings) or staying with the LS3 plan? On my truck (if builder was telling the truth), he put three sets of main bearings in before having block line-bored. That seems to have fixed it. Clutch slave blew yesterday, so I have that to deal with. Sucks having trouble. Praying you get peace soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Car shit the clutch all over the track on the 1st pass.  I continued to run it...... best time was a 12.054 @100...... disappointing to say the least.   I had no traction as I went on my street tires ( Nitto NT05 315/35/17).  I did nothing but spin the whole way.

1 photo is of my car at TX2k16 with DE MeanZ..... I only made it 1 day.

Ordered a new clutch McLeod RXT

Ordered a few mufflers Xforce with remote valves on them to wither be quiet or dump the exhaust. 

I am on the verge of ordering a Tecnocraft T5 seat for the car I can only afford 1 at a time so the second one will be a bit.

I have a set of 275/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street R tires waiting for a set of wheels, I am going to go with a set of RaceStar wheels for the mean time.  I can't justify spending cash on another set of 15" CCW wheels for the rear.More in the works but I want to see what it will do with a tire and a clutch......

post-2224-0-88346200-1462413868_thumb.jpgpost-2224-0-02994100-1462413914_thumb.jpgpost-2224-0-25890100-1462414005_thumb.jpgpost-2224-0-97031500-1462414126_thumb.jpgpost-2224-0-88346200-1462413868_thumb.jpg

My Varex Xforce mufflers came in as well as my McLeod RXT clutch.  I dropped the car off at the shop today so I will pick it up in a few weeks as I am not in a hurry for it.  I am tied up with my 95 Bronco right now.  I am getting it ready to sell to fund the next purchase.....

I am hoping to get it all back together pretty soon so I can make it to the track and put some decent numbers down.  I just need to get the wheels for my tires.  I bought a set of Weld draglites but they do not clear my BBK in the rear so I sold them to a friend. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have started a thread in the Paint & Body section.  http://forums.hybridz.org/forum/13-body-kits-paint/

I also have a set of 15x10 Racestar wheels to test fit to the car for when I go out and "do work " on others...... these will have my 275/50/15 ET Street R tires.  These will be coated the same as my wheels  to match the car and build. 

More toys to come.....