HybridZ
30 ounce

Spray bar MIA

josh817    15

Adlusting my valves today I noticed the spray bar was missing the piece that oils #6 valves. There doesn't seem to be any damage but where could it have gone? Could it possibly fit down the rear oil return? Does anyone know where I can get a new one?

2he8psn.png

No drop in oil pressure with the big open hole?

You will need to notch the 3 web ribs along the bolt holes inside the valve cover like this. The spray bar is pretty straight foward. Also I ran mine through the dishwasher while the wife was away to clean ALL the metal dust left from the grinding. Actually I cut mine with a Dremel.

k3lv1u.jpg

I may have to get one or fabricate my own! Maybe try soldering or brazing the connections on the original spray bar to keep it from falling apart...

rayaapp2    3

2he8psn.png

No drop in oil pressure with the big open hole?

k3lv1u.jpg

I may have to get one or fabricate my own! Maybe try soldering or brazing the connections on the original spray bar to keep it from falling apart...

No drop in pressure thanks to the restrictors in the block passages to the head. Good oil pressure in the bottom where the sender is.

As others said "Just call Larry", and youll save yourself some serious headaches. Valve train harmonics are not fun to deal with. Just ask the SR20 engine builders, most of them know why the valve springs break.

Tony D    143

Just call Larry. He likes to have Datsun people to talk to. Occasionally he stops by my shop when he needs a fix. :-)

DSCN4063_ks.jpg

Photo used without Photographer being given credit.... :huh:

Ray tagged the 'no loss in oil pressure issue'---the bottom end didn't see anything. The Cam lost all lubrication...

Damn, the Nissan Engineers knew what they were doing, they put restrictors to prevent a catastrophic failure of the bottom end!!! (Preserves oil pressure down there, giving bearings priority oiling. Most do it...)

24OZ    10

Sorry to revive an old thread but I've been trying to contact Larry for one of these bars for the last couple of weeks. His number in this thread no longer works and I've tried emailing him and that's bounced. A friend of mine on this forum has also given it a good go.

Does anyone have a current telephone number for him?

Thanks

ericbauer    0

Larry is awaiting a new set of spray bars back from the shop - this is as of last week (last week of July 2013)

I know because I've been on the waitlist for about a month.

Shouldn't be much longer now...

Email/call him as instructed above and he'll take care of you...

-e

AZGhost623    5

Anyone know if these guys still make alternative spray bars? Mine got 'lost' by Rebello... some how... He is checking to see if he has one he can send me... He recommends still running an oil bar despite the cam also being internally oiled so Im trying to source one now.