HybridZ

T3 camber plates installation

Just noticed on their camber plates that there is no upper perch for the top of the spring to rest against. All there is is the gold slider part to adjust the camber.

....so what're you guys running for your coilovers? It's apparently not as simple as taking off the tophat, sticking the piston through the hole and securing the nut on top. There's gotta be something for the spring to rest against.

In the description for the camber plates on TTT website.....

We also have full upper hat systems for use with 2.5" coilovers. The upper hat setups include machined upper hats, hardened washers and the Torrington Needle bearings. Cost on the upper hat systems is $50.00 per Pair

http://technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=648

Edited by 280zcar

Ran into another problem. Just got my plates in and the hole in the pillowball for the strut to go through is considerably bigger than my strut piston. Seems like if I bolt it up, there will be considerable side-to-side play in the pillowball.

Should I find a solid bushings or something to make it fit as tight as possible? There's gotta be people on here who have had that problem.

After looking at their product picture again, I think I'm missing something. The top picture here are mine. You can see how big the pillowball bearing is, a good 3/4".

012-2.jpg

In their product picture, it looks like there's some type of bushing insert in their pillowballs, reducing the size of the hole greatly. Any info as to what they are?

240ZCP.jpg

I'd consult the person you purchased them from (or perhaps Techno toy tuning). The previous person obviously made his own modifications with making them bolt-on instead of welded in.

Even if there is a bushing/sleeve missing, you have integra shocks if I remember correctly, which have an even smaller diameter than stock style S30 shocks....

Different brands of struts have different size shafts. You need that part of the camber plate to be matched to your struts. Measure the inside of the bearing with a vanier caliper, and make sure it matches the diameter of your strut rod. If it is imcompatable, talk to JohnC to see what type of strut to buy to go with those. You got domino's disease.

Called Gabriel at T3 last night and figured out what I needed. Apparently there's a needle bearing, two washers, and four bushings that you need sized exactly to your shock shaft to install them.

I didn't know this since I bought my camber plates secondhand. Probably would've been easier to just order them from T3 in the first place, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.