HybridZ

Anyone seen this thing before?

zero

• 1 month later...

That is nsw plate on the ve ute and that vid sounds like its at wsid (sydney dragstrip) also nsw.

I love to color but im bias i like the motor but its not for me i dont like the body kit but ide also put up with it ;)

Its WAY to much for my taste but thats a personal thing hey.

At least its one more z from au i can look at for ideas. Thats right im stalking you all au members!! haha

cheers

• 1 month later...

I'd say NSW is more likely, that is a pretty sweet looking car to bad you would never get it registered in QLD :(

I agree the plate on the dunny door Ute looks mexican to me. Oh sorry I forgot I was on a US forum, I'll translate:

The number plate on the holden truck looks like a New South Wales issued item. :D

It would be interesting to see how that thing performs aerodynamically.

What the hell is that thing in the back ground? looks like a truck/car chopped top deal. Not a big fan of conversions on s30z's but that doesn't look bad at all, looks mean as hell, flares are over board, front is ugly and it can also use some rear diffuser on it too.

Edited by cheeze

What the hell is that thing in the back ground? looks like a truck/car chopped top deal. Not a big fan of conversions on s30z's but that doesn't look bad at all, looks mean as hell, flares are over board, front is ugly and it can also use some rear diffuser on it too.

It is one of the many variations of the Holden Commodore utility (low ground clearance compromise between a truck and car). These things drive more like a car than a truck and are super popular here in Australia. They have a V6 as a minimum but often have 5-6l V8 including a LS V8 option.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=maloo&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5_0hT7jhFO-SiAeC_-z8BA&ved=0CFoQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=871#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=holden+commodore+ute&oq=commodore+ute&aq=1m&aqi=g1g-m9&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=167963l171212l0l173431l13l11l0l0l0l0l344l1265l2-4.1l5l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=ce657e049a9ade88&biw=1280&bih=871'>http://www.google.com.au/search?q=maloo&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5_0hT7jhFO-SiAeC_-z8BA&ved=0CFoQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=871#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=holden+commodore+ute&oq=commodore+ute&aq=1m&aqi=g1g-m9&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=167963l171212l0l173431l13l11l0l0l0l0l344l1265l2-4.1l5l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=ce657e049a9ade88&biw=1280&bih=871

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=maloo&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5_0hT7jhFO-SiAeC_-z8BA&ved=0CFoQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=871

There is also a Ford version called a Falcon:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=maloo&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5_0hT7jhFO-SiAeC_-z8BA&ved=0CFoQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=871#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=ford+falcon+ute&oq=ford+falcon+ute&aq=0&aqi=g3g-m7&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=81465l83887l0l85527l11l10l0l0l0l1l469l1562l2-2.2.1l5l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=ce657e049a9ade88&biw=1280&bih=871

These things are popular here because they can be kinda sporty but can still be used as a plumber's vehicle during the week.

I'm pretty shocked Ford or GM hasn't brought one over and revived the El Camino/Ranchero. GM was halfway there by getting the Holden chassis to pass US safety regs with the GTO and pontiac G8. I would absolutely consider getting a Ute if they offered one here.

They did look at it, and with Commodores selling in the Middle East as Chevy and Caddy in LHD, plus the LHD GTO and G8 tooling, there wouldn't be any problems with swapping drivers seats from the RHD aussie ersions...

Edited by kiwi303