HybridZ

302 sawp

roryholy

Ok, I have been a long time watch of this board and now I am about to get underway with my own project, I have a ford 302 truck motor from my old mans 93 f150 that was rebuilt 6000 miles ago and now the truck is dead. So i will be installing it into my 73 240z. My questions before i start this fun project is I still need a transmission and diff. Are there any cheap solutions for a trans and diff I dont have a ton of cash for the two items and all i have seen are super $$$ transmissions out there for a ford engine. And any advice before i begin would be awesome lol.

Thanks

Rory

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is probably not what you want to hear, but I would sell the 93 engine and go searching for a complete 5.0 liter HO/T-5 tranny takeout from a Fox body Stang- by the time you start piece-mealing parts together it would probably be cheaper in the long run (without any compatibility issues with "unknown" parts)..You can get these combos dirt cheap these days if you shop and you'll gain quite a bit of power gain over the non HO 302....Plus, if you want to upgrade, parts are cheap, dependable and readily available, not so much on a non HO engine, which has nearly zero aftermarket support. Plus, if you get the computer it's a simple conversion and you will have EFI and good gas mileage.