austyn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I changed a few things.. added a breather box, baffled the valve cover breather holes, battery in the back, new intake piping with a "stacked intake" (velocity stack in the cone), oil cooler added as well.

itzgoten, how do you keep the turbo from melting your brake master cylinder reservoirs? i see the blanket on the turbo, but is your manifold coated? this is what happened to mine...i had my manifold wrapped, but then took the wrap off. gonna put a new wrap on this weekend, but i notice you race your Z too. wondering how those underhood temps are.

post-1758-083975900 1351718950_thumb.jpg

itzgoten, how do you keep the turbo from melting your brake master cylinder reservoirs? i see the blanket on the turbo, but is your manifold coated? this is what happened to mine...i had my manifold wrapped, but then took the wrap off. gonna put a new wrap on this weekend, but i notice you race your Z too. wondering how those underhood temps are.

FJ 280z, I had all hot pipes ceramic coated. My buddy works for some "unknown" place that ceramic coats various things that go into either planes or something aerospace related. What he does exactly is pretty vague but he said he could ceramic coat my parts. When they came back it all looked chrome. He coated my buddies turbo components a few years back for his 1000hp civic and the coating is still on there. Even when the piping bottoms out on a car it doesn't flake off.

Anyway back to your original questions. The manifold, both dump tubes, downpipe, exhaust side of the turbo were all ceramic coated. I also wrapped the turbo with a turbo blanket and I have reflective material wrapping the BMC. The top is open in this picture but I had it stapled shut so it's completely covered.

cool. probably a jet-hot or swain coating. sweet ride bro!

Thanks!

I looked at Swain it it wasn't the same. Swain's was white. This literally came back chrome looking.

I don't have many before pics but here was the stuff when it was being fabbed

168414_495644441451_504046451_6235376_5904292_n.jpg

181531_495247176451_504046451_6229797_7775524_n.jpg

and after it was coated

IMG00062-20110318-1906.jpg