HybridZ

1 QUICK Z Update

I know that I have not been on here in a while but here are some Up Dates from 1 QUICK Z from TENNESSEE We had not raced the Little Tire Z since 2009. And we only raced the Big Tire Z at a few selected races in 2010 and had a descent year with it Winning the Spring Virginia Laser Shootout, Running in Pinks All Out {Quick 16} at Bristol, and running in the True Street 8 secound index at Super Chevy.

Due to our business being slow at Phillips Performance the winter of 2010 and a slow in 2011 with no extra spending budget for racing, we did not race either Z the spring and summer of 2011. I was about to go crazy not getting to race any and we finally worked up enough budget for a couple of races in the Little Tire Z . We stepped up the tune-up on the Z to try and get it to go a little faster than the 8.80’s we had ran when we were either doing Wheelies or breaking half shafts when we launched on the IRS. We ran Sept 9, 2011 in the Biggest Race of the Year the Virginia Laser Crazy 8 Ball Race and Won! Running some consistent high 8.7’s during the race, And we Won our match race with a mustang 8.795 at 160.29 to a 8.838 at 152.97

We then went to race Super Chevy Sept 23,24 and 25th 2011 at Bristol running in the 8 second True Street class ( driving in a 30 mile cruse and running 3 back to back passes) We ran our Quickest Pass to date with a 5.67 et at 127.53mph in the 1/8 and 8.74 et at 160.02mph in the 1/4 and that’s babying it out of the hole with only a 1.39 60ft

A lap around Bristol with 1 QUICK Z 8.74 pass at Super Chevy

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Go Pro mounted on the front fender on a 8.77 1/4 pass

I think we have come a long way with the Little Tire Z and it has went faster than I ever expected it to with a 9’’ D.O.T. tire, IRS rear End and at 3200lbs with driver.

P.S. I have up loaded a lot of 1 QUICK Z videos under { Z Videos }

1 QUICK Z Sponsors

www.Ferguson.com / Joe Grandy www.ModernMotorsports.com / Ross Corrigon www.NitrousExpress.com / Mike Wood

www.Borla.com / Marian Juszak www.CompetitionTransmission / Carl Ettipio www.DiamondRacing.com / Ron Beaubien

www.TotalSeal.com / Kevin Studaker www.FJORacing.com / Gerald OBerBuchner www.CompCams.com / Chris Mays

www.MSDIgnition.com / Todd Ryden www.FlatoutGroup.com / Mark Adelizzi www.HighVelocityHeads.com / Joe Petelle Robinson Race Engines and Machine shop / Joey Robinson www.VPRacingfuels.com / Jason Rychart

Edited by 1 QUICK Z

I know that I have not been on here in a while but here are some Up Dates from 1 QUICK Z from TENNESSEE We had not raced the Little Tire Z since 2009. And we only raced the Big Tire Z at a few selected races in 2010 and had a descent year with it Winning the Spring Virginia Laser Shootout, Running in Pinks All Out {Quick 16} at Bristol, and running in the True Street 8 secound index at Super Chevy.

Due to our business being slow at Phillips Performance the winter of 2010 and a slow in 2011 with no extra spending budget for racing, we did not race either Z the spring and summer of 2011. I was about to go crazy not getting to race any and we finally worked up enough budget for a couple of races in the Little Tire Z . We stepped up the tune-up on the Z to try and get it to go a little faster than the 8.80’s we had ran when we were either doing Wheelies or breaking half shafts when we launched on the IRS. We ran Sept 9, 2011 in the Biggest Race of the Year the Virginia Laser Crazy 8 Ball Race and Won! Running some consistent high 8.7’s during the race, And we Won our match race with a mustang 8.795 at 160.29 to a 8.838 at 152.97

We then went to race Super Chevy Sept 23,24 and 25th 2011 at Bristol running in the 8 second True Street class ( driving in a 30 mile cruse and running 3 back to back passes) We ran our Quickest Pass to date with a 5.67 et at 127.53mph in the 1/8 and 8.74 et at 160.02mph in the 1/4 and that’s babying it out of the hole with only a 1.39 60ft

A lap around Bristol with 1 QUICK Z 8.74 pass at Super Chevy

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Go Pro mounted on the front fender on a 8.77 1/4 pass

''Little Tire Z" Build Sheet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1974 Datsun 260Z ("Little tire Z")8 second street car (stock suspension with a 9" DOT tire) certified to 8.50 through 2012 (weighs 2900# without driver)This car has lots of HISTORY including winner of Pinks Lose The Race Lose Your Ride (Jon Phillps VS Shean Barney, filmed in 2006 at Virginia Motorsports Park) and raced in ESPN's King of the Street where we won three episodes before breakinga universal joint to lose in the fourth episode.

ENGINE:

421 cubic inch small block with nitrous

Dart Little M Sportsman Block (0-ringed with receiver groove in the heads), 400 mains and 9.020 deck

4340 Callies 3.875 stroke crank that is internally balanced and blue printed, ATI balancer with SFI flex plate

4340 Billet 6" stroker rods by (White Performance)

Diamond Pistons custom pistons for nitrous with .200 dome 4.165 with .043 top, 1.5mm second and 3.00mm oil

Total Seal piston rings AP steel gapless .043 top Napier, 1.5 second and high tension 3mm oil ring

Comp Cams .900 SBC roller cam for nitrous (296 R-8RT, 308-1) and Crane solid roller lifters (11570-16 ultra pro)Crane Steel Billet timing chain and gears (9-key adjustable)

Clevite H series Rod and Main bearingsMoroso 7-quart oil pan with Morose blue printed oil pump with pick-up, Moroso oil pumpshaft and oil pump stud kit.

HEADS:

Dart Pro 1-227 CNC hand ported by HVH (flow .315 intake at 700 lift and .221 exhaust at 700 lift)

2.08 intake and 1.625 exhaust valves, Isky 1.55 roller springs (#9965), .100 long chrome molley push rods

GM 10185064 aluminum SBC bowtie valve covers

Edelbrock Super Victor intake (2925) ported and polished with NX Shark nozzles and fuel rails (100-600HP)

HVH 2" Super Sucker Gemini Twin nitrous plate system (100-500HP)

Mr. Gasket aluminum air scoop

Edelbrock aluminum water pump

March Performance serpentine belt pulleys

Gear Drive mini starter

TRANSMISSION:

Competition Transmissions full out competition 350 turbo with reverse pattern shifter andtransbrake. Heavy duty second gear sprag with aluminum drum and race clutches.

CSI transmissionshield.

9.5" nitrous convertor.

Transcooler with D-6 AN lines

REAR END:

Custom Corvette IRS with a modified 12-bolt Posi, 3.73 gears,

4340 custom stub axles with a Tom's Diff heavy duty aluminum rear end cover.

Heavy duty custom half-shafts with solid Spicer1350 universal joints

Modern Motorsports custom 4340, 39-spline stub axles, 4-lug with ARP studs

SUSPENSION:

FRONT: M/T 26 x 7.5 x 15 Sportsman Pro Frontrunners on a 15 x 3.5 Weld Draglight.

Stock disc brakes and Koni single adjustable front shocks

REAR: Hoosier 27 x 10.5 x 15 DOT Street tires on 15 x 8 Weld Draglight.

Modern Motorsports custom adjustable (caster and camber) lower control arms with Koni double adjustable shocks

IGNITION: MSD Digital 7530, MSD HVC coil, MSD large-cap distributor, MSD 8mm black plug wires and MSD shift light

CHARGING: Powermaster 16-volt chrome alternator and Powermaster 16-volt battery

FUEL SYSTEM: Chuck Nuytten 4150 carb (flows 1050 cfm), stock fuel tank with custom sump. D-10 line to filter and Mallory 250 gph electric fuel pump. D-10 line runs to front to three Holley regulators (One for carb, one for nozzles-nitrous and one for plate-nitrous)

NITROUS:

NX Shark Nozzle system with blue and red fuel rails, four solenoid system adjustable 100-600HP.

HVH 2" Super Sucker Gemini Twin plate system adjustable 100-500hp..125 orifice dual purge valve, 15# bottle with DF5 high flow bottle valve, D-6 nitrous filter, D-6 line ran, thermostatically controlled bottle heater.

NX/FJO Maximizer II progressive controller with wide band oxygen sensorand data logging drivers.

NX/FJO Mini Max progressive controller with two high amp solenoids

EXHAUST: Custom 2" long tube headers with 3 1/2 custom pipes into Borla race mufflers

INTERIOR: Stock black interior with custom chrome molly cage certified to 8.50 (through 2012) with removable window net and 2 Kirkey Alum Pro Street Seats

2 Impact Racing 5-point harnesses,

Grant steering wheel with line lock button,

B & M Quarterstickshifter, reverse shift pattern with button for nitrous on knob.

Autometer water and oil gauges, MSD shift light and line lock.

BODY: Aluminum 2" 2-core radiator with electric fan, custom aluminum rear wing with removable Stroud parachute.

Headlights, turn signals, brake lights, horn and the heater is still here, too.

This "Z" is currently titled in the state of TN with tags and insurance.IF YOU NEED PICTURES, VIDEOS, HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 423-735-7223 (SHOP), 423-388-0016 (MY CELL) OR EMAIL ME AT JON1QUICKZ@EMBARQMAIL.COM

I think we have come a long way with the Little Tire Z and it has went faster than I ever expected it to with a 9’’ D.O.T. tire, IRS rear End and at 3200lbs with driver.

P.S. I have up loaded a lot of 1 QUICK Z videos under [ Z Videos}

1 QUICK Z Sponsors

www.Ferguson.com / Joe Grandy www.ModernMotorsports.com / Ross Corrigon www.NitrousExpress.com / Mike Wood

www.Borla.com / Marian Juszak www.CompetitionTransmission / Carl Ettipio www.DiamondRacing.com / Ron Beaubien

www.TotalSeal.com / Kevin Studaker www.FJORacing.com / Gerald OBerBuchner www.CompCams.com / Chris Mays

www.MSDIgnition.com / Todd Ryden www.FlatoutGroup.com / Mark Adelizzi www.HighVelocityHeads.com / Joe Petelle Robinson Race Engines and Machine shop / Joey Robinson www.VPRacingfuels.com / Jason Rychart

Edited by 1 QUICK Z

(Quote) Can I get a couple of bulbs or car links.

Are you kidding, I’m the one that will need some car lengths or spot on the tree with that Beast you and John are building!! Maybe if you take one or both of them Big Turbo’s off we might run heads up LOL!!

I hope that you and John are doing well. It looks like you guys at J&J Drag Racing ( John and Jerry ) have been working hard on your Z by changing engine combos and going to Twin Turbo’s, Your Z is looking Great, Keep up the good work and keep us posted!! I think you guys will need your pilots license when you get done with your Z ,as It’s Going to Fly!!!!!

P.S. I sort of went swimming with my phone and lost all of my phone numbers LOL!! Give me a call on my cell when you get a chance 1-423-388-0016

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by 1 QUICK Z

• 2 weeks later...