HybridZ

Base model 280zx project

BluDestiny

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. When I had the engine rebuilt for my 280zx 2+2 I bought a Turbo oil pump. Difference was very noticeable. The oil pressure always around 3/4 of the gauge. You could probably get away with the NA oil pump, but why bother, you probably have a worn out high mileage na pump anyway. 

Edited by BluDestiny

Yeah. When I had the engine rebuilt for my 280zx 2+2 I bought a Turbo oil pump. Difference was very noticeable. The oil pressure always around 3/4 of the gauge. You could probably get away with the NA oil pump, but why bother, you probably have a worn out high mileage na pump anyway. 

Do you remember if you got the oil pump for a manual or automatic transmission?

• 4 weeks later...

Been busy with school and gathering parts:

WP_000025_zps482b4e33.jpg

Also get distracted by my S13 sometimes. I've actually gathered parts for a full z32 brake/5 lug swap. Finally got everything I need for it, just need to get the stuff cleaned and powdercoated. I actually just picked up some rims for it with used Proxes RA1's, but since I'm still waiting I'm thinking about burning up the rubber on the ZX:

WP_000028_zpsf608db93.jpg

WP_000027_zps00243351.jpg

• 1 month later...

do you have their number? or website? i'd really like some in the same size and spacing as yours. also did they vibrate too much i heard that this can also be a problem thanx

btw is there any chance you happen to have your set laying around and wanting to get rid of it? if so PM me thanx

Edited by ClassicDatsun

I sold my wheels back in February, apparently their website is also down. It should be diamondracingwheels.com

This should be there number: http://www.yellowpages.com/milwaukee-wi/mip/diamond-racing-wheels-inc-1784920

I had absolutely no issues at all with them. They balanced out fine and never wobbled or vibrated at speed. There have been cases where this did happen though, I guess I just got lucky.

• 4 weeks later...

Stuff has been moving slow, The machine shop told me one of the head studs was JB welded inplace so the block was fubar. Found another locally for $50 off zilvia and dropped that off last week. Still no word on it. 

Recently did a 5lug/z32 brake conversion on my s13 daily. It's a lot more fun now. I've also gathered all the parts needed for the 5 speed swap so that will be happening sometime soon. Also sold my CBR to fund the engine build. 

• 4 months later...

Finally got the time to pick up the block. WP_20131121_020_zpsb1d6bff6.jpg

Also I keep messing around with my 240sx, which is where funds seem to disappear to:

5 speed swap done back at the beginning of august (drove to cali with an auto, left with a manual):

WP_000430_zpsa5a5754e.jpg

Some bracing:

WP_000542_zpsfa52d06c.jpg

Just picked up some coilovers today (11/21/13)

Before cleaning

WP_20131121_008_zps2dc1d2f4.jpg

After:

WP_20131121_019_zps3f5954be.jpg

Installed an Innovate A/F gauge:

WP_000547_zps1b0f0f61.jpg

Because this stuff will be going in soon (KA-T):

WP_20131121_005_zps1a79bd8f.jpg

WP_20131121_004_zps5f82fb0c.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The coilovers that were on my S13 were KTS (what SPL parts are now). They rode pretty stiff, but the damping knob on one of the fronts was broke off so it was stuf at like 8 clicks hard (out of 15) rears were good. They were 8 and 6 just like my Kei office, and I got them for a steal ($250 plus my stock springs and shocks). I was planning on trying to use them in my 280zx, but the thread pitch of the shock tubes was different. 

Anyway, things have changed. I've moved to Cedar Rapids, IA. Sold the S13 to put a down payment on this:

WP_20140609_016_zps88537347.jpg

Which promply got this: 

WP_20140712_018_zps98c9bf41.jpg

Tomei full titanium exhaust to bring out that Subaru sound, and save like 30 lbs of weight. 

and then a lot of this:

GOPR0159_zps6081d7ad.jpg

GOPR0145_zpsb28f0038.jpg