HybridZ

Base model 280zx project

BluDestiny

This project is still alive. Dropped the motor to be assembled at Touge Factory in Chicago, was told the head was damaged by Mazworks (used the wrong type of material when machining the valve seats). They helped find me a new sr20 long block, which I also needed the crank from (and misc. accessories/brackets) and they kept the short block while I got the head. 

Dropped it off in February, but due to issues in getting parts they have just now finally gotten the motor together (still waiting on lash pads). They are just not getting into fabbing the mounts, and will be doing a complete rewire for a standalone system. My car was dropped off in early June, when the main tech working on my car quit. 

Big plans are it now has solid lifters, will be using an AEM EMS (instead of my haltech), and will be redoing the fuel system for e85. Block is good for 500hp, and the shop says there should be no issues hitting at least 400hp. 

So that's where it sits now. My subaru is still my dd, but on a stage 2 protune. I will probably be going e85 on that as soon as I can get a clutch/flywheel combo. 

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to buy my first 280zx this weekend so I have been hitting the forums hard. This thread is awesome I bookmarked it. I owned a 240sx sr swapped prior to this. Awesome to see the thread still going!

I know what ya mean. It has been raining damn near everyday for a while now here in Ohio. I am supposed to be picking the car up this weekend. I plan on trying to get the s13 coilover swap done first. I will be watching the thread for updates!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, photobucket seems to have screwed almost all the car threads and other forums I view.  It's understandable but it would have been nice if there was an easy way to migrate but then they couldn't hold people's pictures hostage.  

• 2 months later...