7 replies to this topic

#1 Peejn8r

Peejn8r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

I just got a 1978 280z and the turn signals don't presently work. Didn't dig in yet but the guy I got it from said that they are wired off the 4 ways. Is this going to be harder to fix than I thought?

#2 Kuro

Kuro

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Probably not but you're gonna have to follow the wiring to figure out what was done

#3 19762802+2

19762802+2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationOld Colorado City, Colorado Springs

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

The stock turn signals work through the hazard light switch if it's corroded, broke, or disconnected they won't work. It shouldn't be hard at all xenons30.com has wiring diagrams.
1976 280z 2+2 Almost on the road.

Slamming a car to the ground and putting stupid wheels on it is like spandex on Rosie O'Donnell. You go ahead and get all excited about that spandex if that floats your boat. All I see are cankles.

#4 Peejn8r

Peejn8r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

thanks thats what I needed to know

#5 Bates_

Bates_

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNorth NJ

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:11 PM

Hopefully everything else works like your dash lights, head lights and tail lights, cause that is much more of a pain to fix.

#6 Peejn8r

Peejn8r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

dash lights, head lights, brake lights, marker lights all work. When i move try to use the turn signals nothing happens. Also, tried the hazard switch last night and got nothing. guess ill start there

#7 19762802+2

19762802+2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationOld Colorado City, Colorado Springs

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

Do they not work on the dash? Are you getting them to work outside the car? I know that for a while I thought my left side wasn't working but Outside the car it was and all that was wrong was that the bulb had fallen out of the back of the Tach.

Also another thing to try is make sure you have the right style lights in the bulb holders. Mine had issues because I put the wrong ones in and it melted a bit of plastic around the contacts.
1976 280z 2+2 Almost on the road.

Slamming a car to the ground and putting stupid wheels on it is like spandex on Rosie O'Donnell. You go ahead and get all excited about that spandex if that floats your boat. All I see are cankles.

#8 MidnightRider

MidnightRider

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Just a quick tip, when I first got my Z it had all sorts of problems like this. 85%+ of the problems were fixed by sanding down the contacts on the fuse box.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users