HybridZ

pathfinder 3.13 R200 diff??? Anyone tried this swap?

buldozr

Hi, first time posting, I have a 1988 Z31 n/a that I am currently performing a SBC Gen 1 swap with a Th350 trans. It has the original r200 3.90 n/a open diff, I was inquiring to see if anyone has tried swapping an r200 3.13 gear/set or carrier from a ~2005 Pathfinder? Only thing I could come up with was someone had performed the swap on his s13 240sx but no info on z31 compatibility.

Anythoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It's going to be a shortnose diff, so the gears won't swap out. It would be a PITA to use the diff. Probably a lot simpler to get a trans with OD.

Thanks for the reply, I have considered 200-4r and 700r4 but they don't fall within my budget considering I already have a built th350 in hand, also reliability per dollar, the th350 is tough to beat.

Something I just thought of also was if the vlsd in the pathfinder r200 would take the power I would be throwing at it... It may not be a viable option after all.

The mid 2000's pathfinder is independent rear. I am trying to find the link for the pictures of the unit in question.

Edit: Found it

http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/267957-tutorial-3-133-r200-diff-into-s-chassis.html

I really do appreciate the help, I am actually reading your diff guide/sticky in the 280z forum currently, good stuff!

Edited by buldozr

• 3 weeks later...

I am an idiot, the r200 out of the pathfinder is a short nose. z31 is a long nose r200... Back to the drawing boards. :( I have truly learned a lot in this research, thanks fellas, this site is great!

Edited by buldozr