HybridZ

how did everyone find their r200 swap

chase hicklin

Here's a place with most of the parts - http://www.datsunstore.com/index.php/cPath/203_206_357_430 I think that the owner's name is Oliver, and he's been around for quite a while. He could probably get the other pieces you'll need.

Here's another possibility - http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=74

There's a guy near my location with the back half of a 75 280Z being parted out. 3.54 R200. I don't think he'll ship though.

On all my Z's I pieced together the swap. Usually the hardest things to find are the rear mustache bar, diff cover, and rear A-arm brace. The 240z half shafts bolt up. And I leave the stub axles in the diff when I buy it at the junk yard. ZX's are common in the junk yards around here, but 280z's are getting scarce.

Try the Z Barn. They used to sell the R200 and a mustache bar for the swap.

Frome Z Barn used part section:

We have put together a kit to swap an R180 differential to an R200 for the 1972 to 1978 models. It consists of the appropriate mustache bar, an Energy Suspension polyurethane mustache bar kit, and an OEM differential mount. For 1970 and 1971 models, you also need a longer drive shaft (DT 1002 or DT 1016) and a rear "aft" crossmember (SU1221).

http://www.zbarn.com/zbarn3.htm

Edited by Miles

You should nhave just bought my set-up out of the classifieds-moustache bar and diff(shameless plug :rolleyes:)

They pop up here and other sites all the time. Shipping -if the seller is will to do so-sometimes is worth paying instead of spending a day messing around in junk yards and getting cold and dirty. Ill admit that the hunt is part of the fun too!!!!

Had a parts 240Z lying on the property for the last 14 or so years. Got around to taking it apart now that I have my 70 240Z. Among things removed were R200 parts (which the PO bought new from Nissan, still had parts stickers on them), european tail lamps, momo steering wheel, crane ignition and some minor misc things. Diff was nothing special being a normal 280z 3.54, but I'm not complainin', I think only 100 bucks was paid for it.

Edited by KnightoftheRound

So did all 300zx turbos come with a LSD R200? I know this might have addressed another topic but can't seem to find it.

Ill be nice and help you out, no they didnt. just the late 87 to 89 turbo 300zx, whatch out for the ss model as it has the vlsd. Its rare but hard to make it work in a s30z.

Ill be nice and help you out, no they didnt. just the late 87 to 89 turbo 300zx, whatch out for the ss model as it has the vlsd. Its rare but hard to make it work in a s30z.

I just happen to have one of those (88 ss vlsd), why is it hard to make it work?