HybridZ

how did everyone find their r200 swap

chase hicklin

I just happen to have one of those (88 ss vlsd), why is it hard to make it work?

That portion of the cv axles that fit into the differential have different spline counts and length from that of a CLSD. The original CV axles are the same length as the CLSD version.

g

That portion of the cv axles that fit into the differential have different spline counts and length from that of a CLSD. The original CV axles are the same length as the CLSD version.

g

But if I have the cv axles

i shouldn't have any issues, right?

• 1 month later...

So with an r200 diff in a 240 with the 240 halfshalfs.... wouldnt off set the wheel width, affect travil, or create a bad angle that wares joints faster? I just dont see how it can be as easy a just mounting it beeing much larger than the 180. If im wrong though my 280 is going to dontate some parts :)

So with an r200 diff in a 240 with the 240 halfshalfs.... wouldnt off set the wheel width, affect travil, or create a bad angle that wares joints faster? I just dont see how it can be as easy a just mounting it beeing much larger than the 180. If im wrong though my 280 is going to dontate some parts :)

This swap has ben performed 1000's of times and there are about that many posts on R200 swaps in the Drive Train section. I have been running an R200 with stock half shafts in my 240Zs for over ten years and never had a problem.