HybridZ

1990 300zx no heater

wthorne

I have a 1990 300zx . The heat will not blow hot all get it cold air. I have flushed the cooling system and the heater core is not blocked or leaking i can feel heat under the dash. I checked the climate control fan in the roof and someone had stuck a piece of paper in it to stop it from spinning. I removed the paper but i think the fan is burned out it will not turn anymore. Will this prevent the heat from coming on? ? ?

Thanks for any help its cold !!!!

I have checked all the lines even all the ones behind the dash. That is why I was wondering about the Climate Sensor in The T Bar??

Thanks!!

There's also a small pleated tube that takes in air from the driver's side dashboard. If that pulled off of its vent boss, you'll likely see a similar issue.

edit: if you set the temp all the way to 90°F (the max setting), it should bypass temperature sensing altogether. What happens when you do that? If it gets warm, then you've got a sensor issue. If not, you've got a mechanical issue (mix door or vent door).

Edited by Jehannum