HybridZ

'81 280zx

Deeds280zx

Does it run? What are your goals for the car? Stock motor I'm guessing??? I would look in the threads for the L motor and go from there. http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/forum/32-nissan-l6-forum/

There is a TON on information on this site but make sure you search first and ask when you cant find it.

Try looking in the members projects section too. A lot of guys have done a lot of things to there cars and put some pretty detailed write ups on just about everything. http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/forum/58-s130-series-280zx/ That is for S130 cars but it doesn't hurt to look back at the S30 projects too because a decent amount of guys are running L28 motors in there S30s.

At first i want it to be near 100% reliable. Then i want the engine to sound phenomenal followed by a bumping sound system.

I know it has a new exhaust system but thats not the same as a beautiful engine =P

First of all you're going to have to figure out how much you want to spend because you don't really know what you want. You just know what you think you would like in a vauge general kind of way. Once you know how much you can spend then you need to start to figure out how you are going to implement it. Reliable is built into these cars for the most part aside from rust. Making an L6 sound phenomenal is really personal preference thing - listen to some YouTube videos and see what you like. Post some pictures of the car and do a LOT of reading here - I spent over a year researching before I decided to go with an L28ET swap in my NA. Read the forum rules and follow them - especially about researching because almost any question you have will already have been answered here. Welcome to the club!

If it was put together fast, the first thing I would do is download an FSM from xenon.com http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Ported-Vacuum-Switch/1980-Nissan-Datsun-280ZX/_/N-im0lpZ93xpw?counter=2&filterByKeyWord=ported+vacuum+switch&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=68710_148373_0_

Then I would spend some time with a torque wrench and make sure everything will not fall off. Then I would check the vacuum diagram and vacuum hoses themselves to be sure all is well. Test all of your engine electrical components. Tune up if needed. Look for any mickey mouse wiring cause these things are known to burn to the ground if things like fusible links have been replaced with solid wires etc...

My car was complete and assembled when I bought it, but I have run into a lot of bad things since I've owned it. I love the car and am doing a bunch of work because of that. I've only driven it maybe 6 times and I have learned soo much. I just came over from Zcars.com cause that site is always having problems. I'll get pics up of the project if I can figure out how make this site load a pic over 30kb. None of my pics are that small.