HybridZ

Corbeau LG1 seats

surpip

Hey looking for some advice on some LG1's for my 280 Z looking at mico swede an as i am 6'2'' 220 lbs thinking about getting the wide version has anyone installed these seats with the sliders that Corbeau offers? also what harness did you use?

I have the standard LG1 seats with Corbeau Z sliders in my project car. It is a 240Z so take this information for what it is worth. I found the seats to be very comfortable although all I have done thus far is test fitting and periodic sitting. The standard width is perfect for me (5' 10", 175). There isn't a lot of side to side room so it might be a little bit of a concern with the wide seat. For me this was exacerbated by the fact that I removed the OE seat mounts and fabricated mounts that are almost 2" lower. I personally felt the thickness of the LG1 seat bottom caused me to sit far too high in the car. At 6' 2" this may be another issue for consideration by you.

post-4776-023787200 1325991182_thumb.jpg

I have the standard LG1 seats with Corbeau Z sliders in my project car. It is a 240Z so take this information for what it is worth. I found the seats to be very comfortable although all I have done thus far is test fitting and periodic sitting. The standard width is perfect for me (5' 10", 175). There isn't a lot of side to side room so it might be a little bit of a concern with the wide seat. For me this was exacerbated by the fact that I removed the OE seat mounts and fabricated mounts that are almost 2" lower. I personally felt the thickness of the LG1 seat bottom caused me to sit far too high in the car. At 6' 2" this may be another issue for consideration by you.

They look real good in there. Any more pics? How's the head and door clearance?

Thanks for the reply yeah that cadge and seats look great in there would you mind measuring how much side to side room you have? i am in Afghanistan now so cant really hop in my car and take a look. the wide seat is 22'' opposed to 20.5 but isnt any taller being 5'10'' how much head room do you have? i apprishiate your help car looks great

Surpip & Boyracer,

Sorry for the lack of response. I was in Daytona doing Rolex Grand Am testing. Once I return home this evening I will take additional pictures and measure distances from seat surface to roof, left & right side clearance, seat bottom height from floor pan and distance from firewall. Hopefully with these measures and additional images you will get a good basis for your direction. If there are any other measurements or specific angles for images you would like please let me know.

Cheers,

Craig

I have the LG1 seats in a 280ZXT with t-tops. I'm 6'1" and currently 214 pounds. Yes, different car, but gives you a remote idea of fit.

DSCN0633.JPG

DSCN0634.JPG

Seats are very comfortable. I went with leather and the lumbar support. I had an issue with one when brand new and Corbeau customer service was GREAT!

I am very unhappy with headroom though. I used the stock ZX sliders and have modified them a bit to drop the seat lower and its still not enough.

On the back of the sliders, I cut a good portion out and made new attachment points. On the ZX, the heights of each side are different.

DSCN0850.JPG

DSCN0852.JPG

Also, the mechanism for the sliders sits up above the sliders. The ZX seats are hollow on the bottom and the mechanism fits up inside of this. The bottoms of the Corbeau LG1's are flat all the way across the bottom. No indent. My solution was try to cut as much of the mechanism down as possible and have it still function. In the first pic, you can see how the mechanism sticks up a good bit. I drilled a hole down lower, then cut the excess off. I also trimmed off a small amount on the other slider.

DSCN0848.JPG

DSCN0851.JPG

I used steel bar to go across the sliders to mount the seat. You can see in this pic how the mechanism really sits up high so I can't mount the seat flush to the steel bar. I use spacers on the bolts that mount the seat to the slider assembly so the bottom of the seat clears the mechanism.

DSCN0855.JPG

To get the seat to fit more inboard, I had to splice in some material for the seat belt mount. It still is not centered on the steering wheel, but I no longer notice that.

DSCN0849.JPG

You can see in the last two pics that it will be hard for me to lower the sliders anymore than I already have.

DSCN0858.JPG

DSCN0859.JPG

My winter plan is to weld the cross bars to the sliders, then remove the mechanism that sticks up high. This will allow me to remove the spacers and gain an extra inch of headroom. I have to keep the seat adjustment so the wife can drive too.

Holler with any questions.

Ok guys, this is what I found:

- Distance from the seat surface to the roof = 38". This was taken right where your keister would be but without compressing the seat. Also note I have no headliner at this point so that might offset anything you get from compressing the seat with your weight.

- Clearance (total of both sides) at the front thigh bolsters = 2 1/2"

- Clearance (again total) at the recline mechanism = 1 3/4". Note that my seats are switched side to side causing the recline lever to be inboard for each seat. This needed to be done to gain a little more rearward travel given the interference with the roll bar lower mount points.

th_P1060453.jpg

th_P1060455.jpg

- This was at a distance of 28 1/4" front of seat to firewall just below the steering column

The height of the seat mounts are 1 3/4" front (versus 3 3/4" stock) and 1/8" in the rear (versus 2 3/4" stock)

th_P1060373.jpg

I can't comment on clearance to the door panel as my doors haven't been on the car for over a year. The diagonal door bars pictured in my original response are well inside the inner line of the door and clear the seats ok.

In response to your other question I am using the Corbeau 5-point harnesses. This car will see some HPDE events so I went the harness route. One thing I noted with these specific Corbeau seats is the low harness pass through. It is fine for me as I have a somewhat short upper body. At your height I might be concerned about the angle of the harnesses over your shoulders.

Hope this information is useful.

Cheers,

Craig

FYI...Corbeau will shave the seat area down for you. Tell them how much you want them to remove when you order. I need to check and see if they are able to do that if I send them back to them. Maybe I can pick-up another 1/2 to 1 inch of vertical clearance?

Craig is right on the pass-through for the shoulder harness. It is a little low for me. I haven't put in a harness yet since I need to make a harness bar first, I think I'll be OK since I will have a little leeway with how high I put the final position of the harness bar and still have a good angle. Another option I'm looking at is to make another set of hinges so I can raise the back up a small amount.

I think when you order custom seats, as I was looking into this alredy, you can have them raise that as well the chair im sitting in now from my butt to my shoulders come in at 25 inches i see the seat is 36 inches tall so itl be close but i think all be good. Really good info thanks alot!

Edited by surpip

Just hung up from talking with Corbeau. Once again, good customer service. I sent them an email and they called me directly to discuss.

FYI...They no longer shave the seat cushion on the LG1. They said it was already thin and to shave more might make it uncomfortable.

I was speaking with them in regards to my head clearance issue and got a suggestion or two from them to try in my ZX using their brackets/sliders and then modifying them like I did the stock ZX sliders to get the clearance from floorpan to bottom of the seat to maybe 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inches.

I'll be curious how the seats work out for you if you decide to go with them.

yeah i have been emailing back and forth with Andrew over there normally timely responces but havent herd form them in a week the phones dont work over here so cant call looks like all be talking with him more when i get back tho when i get them in the car all def post up on how i did it.

Thanks for all the measurements and pics, really helpful. Too bad about not being able to shave the seat, I was really counting on that. I may just go ahead and order them anyways.

I was planning on getting the suede versions, anyone have comments about these? Good? Bad?

I know the prices are apparently "fixed" from Corbeau but has anyone found a good deal anywhere? Some shops give you free shipping, etc.

i called around and the best prises are from corbeau im im getting them custom made so i dont really have a choise, but let me know if you find anything different. The suede fades really bad in the sun so make shure to keep them out of it as much as possible. If you cut the mounts down and modify the rails as i plan to do it should be alright for us taller guys.

i called around and the best prises are from corbeau im im getting them custom made so i dont really have a choise, but let me know if you find anything different. The suede fades really bad in the sun so make shure to keep them out of it as much as possible. If you cut the mounts down and modify the rails as i plan to do it should be alright for us taller guys.

I think the mounts will have to be cut down and/or fabbed somewhat based on what everyone else has said. I haven't ordered them yet but this is probably the best place I found price-wise: http://www.streetortrack.com/Corbeau-seats-accessories-c-452.html . Appears they give you free shipping plus $10 cash back.

Rethinking the material now as well, really on the fence between suede and cloth. Car won't really be in the sun much-will be garaged and not too much sun here in Vancouver. Cloth maybe easier to keep clean, I dunno. We'll see, was hoping to get them ordered this week.

Edited by boyracer