HybridZ

My 260z , New Fabrications...

So I just finished fitting in a pair of 2008 Mazda MX5 Miata seats and seat belts! I found these seats with seat belts on craigslist for $100, Amazing. Brand New, unused because the previous owner had built a race car with bucket seats and he never used these. Stumbled on them while trying to find older 90's miata seats. Here they are mounted in the car with very minimal modifications.

SDC13869.jpg

SDC13872.jpg

Updated the seat belts to the 08 miatas because well, they are there, and new. I just made welded a bracket box for the seatbelt unit that's about it.

SDC13867.jpg

SDC13866.jpg

(You can read more about the seats in the "Interior" tech section of this site)

Finished the dash and center console a couple of weeks ago:

SDC13758.jpg

SDC13761.jpg

Finshied the Engine bay, front strut bar, hand polished everything I could. Wire tucked, etc. Moved the coil on the outside of the engine bay, main harness went through the hallow channel of the passenger side frame. Relays are inside the car on passenger side.

SDC13768-1.jpg

SDC13765.jpg

Still not sure what to paint her....Satin black? White? Gloss black?

SDC13823.jpg

SDC13827.jpg

She now has $2,000 total invested. Not bad for my budget build.

Edited by Ducer

Thanks fellas, It is a 260z dash emblem on the rear strut bar. The Carburetor set up is a Clifford 6=8 manifold with a Holley 390cfm with a .025 quarter nozzle, which is ideal for the Z. It has a velocity stack on it in the previous picture, which I can't use because of the hood. I now upgraded to a spectre 6 3/8 diameter filter with 1.5" high filter. It clears the hood now, and im waiting for a 280z hood with vents so it will get more flow.

Here's the carburetor set up now:

SDC13876.jpg

I just got the 93-02 Kia Sportage rear door weatherstrippings for Z. They are freaking nice and fit perfectly with the exception that the seals have about 4" extra which I may cut today. Mine came off a 2000 Kia, I know the front door weatherstrippings from the Kia is 16" longer and needs cutting, I read somewhere the rear seals could be installed without cutting as someone already done it, but after installing it, cutting is necessary, but no biggie. I paid like $30 shipped for the pair of rubber strippings on ebay. Offered the seller $10 a piece plus $10 shipping. Came today, easy to install door is not solid and snug!!!

Great and cheap upgrade for weathers. I also tried a 240sx rear hatch stripping off a 240sx hatch, but the 240sx is too thick for the rear. All I need now is the rear hatch seal.

SDC13880.jpg

SDC13879.jpg

SDC13878.jpg

Edited by Ducer

• 2 months later...