HybridZ

Runs bad after 30 min

laxz6

Hey so first off I tried the search button but no luck. My 1977 280z engine is all stock just changed the essential parts. When I first start It, It starts right up and runs like a champ, but when It's fully up to temperature and has been running for 30 min straight, I can't step on the gas hard on 3rd or 4th because It doesn't accelerate, It like bogs down. I have to step on the gas slowly so it won't feel like If It turns off. I changed the fuel filter, air filter cleaned the gas tank, but no luck. I really need help because It's my daily driver and I don't have the money to buy another car. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Freeeee!!!!

http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html

You can't go wrong by reading the Engine Fuel section.

I've seen a fuel pump look great (watching a fuel pressure gauge) for about 20 minutes, then slowly lose pressure. Might be worth borrowing a pressure gauge and strapping it in the engine bay while you go for a drive. Stop and take a look when the problem happens or attach it where you can see it while driving.

Could be a coolant temp sensor as well, or the ignition module starting to act up due to dryed out grease.

Im not sure that it might be the coolant temp because it read the temp correctly. Well if it were to be the ignition module that would act up, it would not fire correctly Im assuming.

There are 2 different sensors for the ECT one each for gauge and ECU and the modules are fairly intermittent but can throw you for a loop.

Alright thanks, i always learn new thing on this forum. Thanks