HybridZ

wiring for 260z v8 swap

• 11 months later...

I've noticed that a bunch of our newer members have trouble communicating.  Is it possible that we are getting some "English as a second language" members or even folks who are great at wrenching but not so great at typing?  Advice: if you do have trouble expressing yourself, or if you aren't finding your answers because you aren't the best at English or computers and using the search function (I'm not all that savy with searching myself), look for the top posters in your area of interest and do more with the PM (private message) function, going directly to an individual instead of broadcasting your difficulties to the world.  You will get picked on less and will get more done in the garage.  Most of us want to help, but I think the founders of this sight have a strong interest in keeping up the academic quality of the discussions and a certain level of respect and initiative among members.  Feel free to PM me, then if theres is a problem I'll even give you my phone number if that works best.

Edited by RebekahsZ

Can someone that has done the cvonvertion with SBC 350 what don i do first

The first thing you should do is buy the JTR book and read it several times. http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Datsun_Z_V-8.html

The second thing you should do is spend at least a month reading the section on SBC V8 swaps.

The third thing you should do is make a plan with a spread sheet identifying all of the parts and costs that make up your plan.

The JTR book assumes that the reader has basic auto mechanical/electrical skills.

These are 40 year old cars so expect that there will be problems other than the just the engine  swap along the way.

If you are new to engine swaps you may want to just keep the car stock for now and make it a reliable daily driver.

• 2 weeks later...